QA Field Specialist
We provide our utility clients with a wide range of energy-saving and renewable energy solutions. From individual utility customers and construction contractors, to utilities, municipalities, and government bodies, our clients have come to depend on our customized energy efficiency programs to help them to meet their energy saving goals.
The QA Field Specialist will be relied upon to be the QA/QC “eyes and ears” of the program in the field. This person must be willing to uncover operational successes and challenges, and articulate these issues back to the Program Team, with the goal of continually improving our company’s field operations. The Specialist will be called upon periodically to work with the Operations / Quality Assurance Manager in making presentations to internal program staff and external stakeholders, notably clients who are very interested in what the company is doing to uncover both successes and challenges with the company’s current programs. The successful candidate is curious, professional, self-motivated, and articulate in terms of conveying the actions we must take to continue to improve. You will also be working with others who are passionate about energy efficiency and making a positive impact on the industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Schedule and conduct on-site inspections to verify work completed by Trade Allies and Franklin staff meet client and corporate expectations/set quality standards
- Assist the Operations/Quality Assurance Manager with the creation of new QA policies and procedures as needed
- Highly organized, and efficient with scheduling of visits including grouping of visits geographically given the challenges of operating in metro areas
- Communicate findings/discrepancies to Program Managers that required additional follow up
- Assist in process improvements to ensure quality within and across programs
- Daily travel to pre-scheduled appointments
- Provide a professional appearance appropriate for a representative of Franklin Energy
- Prepare weekly activity reports and track progress towards program goals
- Data entry into Bensight or other tracking systems
- Ensure the meeting of customer specifications and company quality standards
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, documents, etc.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One to three years of experience in basic wiring, lighting, HVAC, troubleshooting and other technologies installed in residential, commercial and industrial facilities
- Previous customer service experience
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Must be able to handle a wide work variety and work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and have an ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to maintain and manage their own daily work schedule
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong data entry skills in entering information in tracking systems/databases
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers, clients and employees
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and solve practical problems
- Knowledge of mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages and ratios
- Reliable transportation
Licenses & Certifications
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to travel up to 95% of the time, including some overnight travel
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Noise Level is typically moderate
- Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential shock
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer