Solution Success Intern
As a combined organization, Franklin Energy and AM Conservation Group is undertaking what is perhaps the central challenge of our times – to help drive the transition to net-zero carbon economies while ensuring that no working families, businesses, or local communities are left behind. To do that, we are the utility industry’s top provider of turn-key energy efficiency and grid optimization programs and products, all of which contribute to reducing carbon and waste and, at the same time, free-up resources for creating more innovation investment and jobs. With over 26 years in business, we have more than 1,300 experts across the United States, with warehouses on both coasts. The organization’s integrated in-house services provide deep personalization and insights, helping energy partners achieve their carbon-reduction and energy productivity goals.
We believe the organization’s most “precious resources” are its people. We pledge a relentless pursuit to embody a culture that acknowledges, recognizes, and infinitely seeks to understand the unique differences of its people. We are committed to creating employee experiences that continually attract and embrace a multiracial, multicultural, and multigenerational workforce that promotes outstanding performance and mirrors our diverse partnerships, clients and communities we serve.
To be eligible for this Summer Internship position, candidates must be enrolled in an accredited institution for fall 2024 classes. Consideration may be given to candidates who graduate in May 2024. The Solution Success Intern will work with a team responsible for developing and managing improvements to all of Franklin Energy’s clean energy services solutions in exciting areas such as transportation electrification, heat pumps, and more. The individual will conduct research and provide administrative support and analysis for the Solution Management team.
Benefits of this internship:
- Practical experience with research, partnership management, and product operations techniques in the clean energy industry
- Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with experienced clean energy professionals
- Opportunity to participate in projects that will support solutions used by utilities and state energy offices throughout the United States
The Solution Success Intern will work 20 hours per week in a remote setting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Research potential strategic partners and product manufacturers in key areas, then provide feedback to the team and support development of assessment matrices
- Collect metrics and monitor them in support of a scorecard to monitor partnership effectiveness
- Provide timely administrative support to partnership meetings including scheduling meetings at mutually beneficial times, taking notes, updating Salesforce, working with the legal team to get NDA’s and teaming agreements completed, and the like
- Research emerging areas and trends, then develop survey instruments for large scale, statistically significant surveys, and analyze the results to support the development of thought leadership
- Analyze key program and pilot performance and make recommendations about where the team should focus improvement efforts in support of annual solution roadmap
- Support data analysis from utility filings, sales pipelines, and financial performance in development of annual solution strategy
Education and Experience
- Enrolled in a full-time Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree program at an accredited college or university, preferably in Business, Sustainability or a related field or related work experience
- Must be able to start the Summer Internship program in the middle of May and continue with the internship program until it commences in early August
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Familiarity with Excel and basic data analysis techniques
- Excellent attention to detail
- A desire to learn and take initiative with problem solving
- Primary and secondary research methodologies
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and have an ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and solve practical problems
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
Licenses & Certifications
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to travel up to 5%
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle typical office equipment
- Employee will have exposure to normal office environments
- Remote workers will maintain a home office environment free of reasonable distractions, with practices in place to protect sensitive data
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer