Manager of Transportation Electrification Strategy
As a combined organization, Franklin Energy and AM Conservation Group is undertaking what is perhaps the central challenge of our times – to help drive the transition to net-zero carbon economies while ensuring that no working families, businesses, or local communities are left behind. To do that, we are the utility industry’s top provider of turn-key energy efficiency and grid optimization programs and products, all of which contribute to reducing carbon and waste and, at the same time, free-up resources for creating more innovation investment and jobs. With over 26 years in business, we have more than 1,300 experts across the United States and Canada, with warehouses on both coasts. The organization’s integrated in-house services provide deep personalization and insights, helping energy partners achieve their carbon-reduction and energy productivity goals.
We believe the organization’s most “precious resources” are its people. We pledge a relentless pursuit to embody a culture that acknowledges, recognizes, and infinitely seeks to understand the unique differences of its people. We are committed to creating employee experiences that continually attract and embrace a multiracial, multicultural, and multigenerational workforce that promotes outstanding performance and mirrors our diverse partnerships, clients and communities we serve.
The Manager of Manager of Transportation Electrification Strategy is part of our cross-functional teams responsible for market growth, strategy, pre-sales support, solution design, proposal writing, collaborating on development of new products, services or solutions to our respective markets through strategic thought leadership. The foundation of this role is a deep level of both operations and program design relating to grid optimization, coupled with broad knowledge of the creation of distributed energy resources that provides value to wholesale power markets which consist of: demand response, connected devices, building and transportation electrification (EV), renewables, and energy storage. You will also be working with others who are passionate about energy efficiency and grid optimization and making a positive impact on the industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Provide strong grid optimization subject matter expertise that the Sales team will rely upon for new and recompete opportunities, such as pre-sales support, pre-proposal solution design, proposal SME, and RFP short list interviews to assist with obtaining/securing new work/contracts.
- Provide deal support to our Market Strategy team for complex situations and propose creative solutions to resolve offering gaps in the grid optimization sector.
- Introduce new ideas and solutions for roadmap development that promotes innovation and drives our leadership and competitiveness in the grid optimization market.
- Provide strong subject matter expertise in your assigned market sector that the Sales team will rely upon for new and recompete opportunities, such as pre-sales support, pre-proposal solution design, proposal SME, and RFP short list interviews to assist with obtaining/securing new work/contracts.
- Provide deal support to our Presales team for complex situations and propose creative solutions to resolve product gaps.
- Introduce new ideas and solutions for roadmap development that promotes innovation and drives our leadership and competitiveness in the assigned market sector of the energy efficiency and grid optimization markets.
- Recommend delivery approaches for each market segment that our company is strategically targeting.
- Collaborate with the technology teams on our roadmap and deliver customized presentations by sector to our top customer prospects.
- Provide thought leadership on innovative business and technical solutions to key stakeholders
- Establish and manage industry partnerships with outside firms and sometimes competitors.
- Assist with retaining existing work/contracts.
- Exhibit the “expert” culture and drive best practices across the sectors.
- Responsible for documenting solutions and handing off to start- up teams for implementation.
- Follow up with start-up team and operations to ensure solution is implemented in a way that meets client needs and positions the company well for the future.
- Work closely with pricing and engineering resources to develop energy impact models and pricing to meet client needs.
- External Networking – Grow the company’s presence by being an active participant in at least one professional association relevant to the Manager’s/Senior Manager’s assigned market sector. Participate in targeted conferences and industry organizations to gather information about what clients are demanding, what competitors are promoting and how utilities are responding.
- Also, work with the Business Development team, Regional Vice Presidents, Regional Directors, and Program Managers to conduct “Voice of The Customer” interviews/meetings with existing clients, potential clients and targeted clients on key topics critical to market sector growth.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business, Engineering, or other discipline relevant to energy efficiency required.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience designing and implementing energy efficiency and grid optimization program(s) relevant to the product area required.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Experience with a broad variety of grid optimization technologies and program design.
- Knowledge of the Utility and Energy Efficiency, Demand Response and DER markets preferred.
- Knowledge of energy efficient calculations, measures and delivery tactics that are core to the sectors in which we implement.
- Experience with design and implementation of energy efficiency and grid optimization programs in your assigned market sector.
- Experience with or working knowledge of ENERGY STAR offerings
- Demonstrated success managing projects or programs.
- Experience developing plans and forecasts for program budgets and energy saving goals.
- Experience developing new products or services.
- Knowledge of third-party evaluation.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- A passion and commitment to continue innovating and improving the offerings in the sectors responsible for.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, and drive proposals when requested.
- Ability to collaborate effectively across functional areas within the company and beyond.
- Capable of handling a wide work variety of assignments and working in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and have an ability to prioritize workload.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong data entry skills with entering information in tracking systems/databases.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers, clients and employees.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and solve practical problems.
- Reliable transportation and a good driving record.
Licenses & Certifications
- Valid driver’s license
- Accreditation from national or regional entity relevant to the product area (e.g. BPI Building Analyst, AEE’s CEM, etc.) preferred.
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Noise Level is typically moderate
- Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential shock
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer