We provide our utility clients with a wide range of energy-saving and renewable energy solutions. From individual utility customers and construction contractors, to utilities, municipalities, and government bodies, our clients have come to depend on our customized energy efficiency programs to help them to meet their energy saving goals.
The Field Supervisor is primarily responsible for supervising field personnel who install energy efficient equipment and products. You will also be working with others who are passionate about energy efficiency and making a positive impact on the industry.
**Residency in NJ required for the program**
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Hire, train, and supervise a group of skilled technicians and Energy Advisors to conduct direct installations, site assessments, and air sealing
- Creation and management of 30-60-90 training for new hires
- Identify and schedule internal and external training opportunities to develop staff
- Supervise the scheduling coordinator; responsible for all scheduling operations to include air sealing, direct install, and site assessment appointments
- Control product and inventory management to ensure staff has all tools and energy efficiency product to complete installation efficiently
- Conduct announced and unannounced inspections of field personnel to monitor their performance on a weekly/monthly basis in order to maintain quality and customer service
- Support multiple crews in multiple locations conducting field operations with troubleshooting, customer issues, and logistics
- Provided technical assistance to crews
- Be responsible for inventory control of DI product, individual tools, and team tools
- Conduct combustion safety retesting and project post inspections
- Resolve customer complaints
- Approve installation summary sheets and verify that all work is complete and documented
- Coordinate with the program project coordinator to ensure entry of all projects into the database
- Set and track energy savings and other performance related goals for Energy Advisors and installation crews
- Approve all timesheets, expense reports, and leave requests for assigned personnel
- Assist with performance review writing and presentation to the assigned personnel
- Assist with conducting disciplinary action as required
- Collaborate with other Field Supervisors to share best practices and continually improve operations.
- Assist with marketing strategy.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for clients and the executives.
- Perform and teach combustion safety testing, air sealing work, and direct installation. Conduct site assessments, direct installations, and air sealing appointments as needed
- Conduct inventory counts and submit inventory reports as requested by management.
- Assure the cleanliness and organization of Franklin Energy warehouse locations and fleet vehicle parking areas by regularly assisting with the cleaning and organization of those areas - this includes proper storage of product and recycling materials, if applicable.
- Assure assigned fleet vehicles have all safety products located within and attached to the vehicle, and that the vehicles are kept clean and orderly.
- Perform routine vehicle safety inspections and submit inspection and maintenance reports to management upon request.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Advanced degree – Preferred
- Experience in field management of multiple crews.
- Experience in installing technologies.
- Five years of continuous work experience in the electric or natural gas utility industry, facilities management, HVAC design or sales, residential, commercial, and/or industrial lighting, or conservation and energy management. Weatherization knowledge - A plus
- Background in one or more of the following: - Preferred
- Building science & design
- Building envelope
- Weatherization, or related fields
- Building maintenance, home inspection
- HVAC, lighting, controls, / renewable energy
- Knowledge of construction tools - Preferred
- Experience in customer service, sales, and field work - Preferred
- Mechanical and technical aptitude
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Must be able to handle a wide work variety and work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and have an ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to identify and resolve project application issues with customers and trade allies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong data entry skills in entering information in tracking systems/databases
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers, clients and employees
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and solve practical problems
- Knowledge of mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages and ratios
- Reliable transportation
Licenses & Certifications
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to travel up to 80% of the time, including occasional overnight travel
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Noise Level is typically moderate
- Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential shock
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer