We provide our utility clients with a wide range of energy-saving and renewable energy solutions. From individual utility customers and construction contractors, to utilities, municipalities, and government bodies, our clients have come to depend on our customized energy efficiency programs to help them to meet their energy saving goals.
The Technical Lead is responsible for providing technical management and leadership for the Program. The Program focuses primarily on identifying and implementing energy savings at commercial and industrial facilities throughout the service territory. Provide energy advice and coordination services of building maintenance, lighting, controls, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems for energy efficiency and comfort for the energy efficiency programs. You will also be working with others who are passionate about energy efficiency and making a positive impact on the industry
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Manage technical operations of the designated Program
- Provide technical support and leadership to Energy Advisors and Engineers
- Review/Approve prescriptive/custom incentive applications
- Practice effective project management skills in leading this energy efficiency program to attain net savings goals
- Track progress towards energy savings goals, program metrics, and budget spending to ensure achievement of goals within funding guidelines
- Mentor energy advisors and engineers in achieving their personal savings goals annually as well as career development
- Assist project coordinators in the direction of processing energy efficiency projects through the tracking system
- Discuss technical elements of energy consuming equipment in a facility (lighting, HVAC, hot water systems, envelope, integrated design) and how it affects utility consumption and demand, to help build a business case to prioritize recommendations and how they affect savings and first cost
- Assist in the training of Engineering Department staff
- Participate in QA/QC and internal audit activities
- Identify and provide documentation of on-site opportunities for energy efficiency in buildings under design and construction; provide follow-up as required to the customers
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Architectural Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
- 2-yeaexperience in the energy efficiency industry. A strong understanding of how systems affect energy consumption
- 5 -10 years engineering experience related to mechanical design, energy modeling or construction
- Experience in building design, “green” construction and sustainable design Preferred
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Must be able to handle a wide work variety and work in fast-pace environment.
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and have an ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to identify and resolve project application issues with customers and trade allies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong data entry skills in entering information in tracking systems/databases.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers, clients and employees.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and solve practical problems.
- Knowledge of mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages and ratios
- Reliable transportation
Licenses & Certification
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to travel up to 15% of the time, including overnight travel
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Noise Level is typically moderate
- Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential shock
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer