As a combined organization, Franklin Energy and AM Conservation Group is undertaking what is perhaps the central challenge of our times – to help drive the transition to net-zero carbon economies while ensuring that no working families, businesses, or local communities are left behind. To do that, we are the utility industry’s top provider of turn-key energy efficiency and grid optimization programs and products, all of which contribute to reducing carbon and waste and, at the same time, free-up resources for creating more innovation investment and jobs. With over 26 years in business, Franklin Energy and AM Conservation Group have more than 1,300 experts across the United States and Canada, with warehouses on both coasts. The organization’s integrated in-house services provide deep personalization and insights, helping energy partners achieve their carbon-reduction and energy productivity goals.
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative and program support for Build It Green, a strategic partner to Franklin Energy and the developer of the GreenPoint Rated program. This individual is responsible for administrative support including general phone reception, education & membership support (phone, email and Salesforce) and management of other Build It Green-related administrative duties as requested. This role also provides administrative support to the non-profit Executive Director and staff.
Build It Green, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization based in Oakland, CA, has been a building culture catalyzer for more than 15 years. Build It Green built its reputation on bringing residential green building into the mainstream with credible, accessible resources and innovations including the GreenPoint Rated home certification program. Today, Build It Green is working with diverse coalitions to envision new approaches to home and neighborhood building that foster health in the broadest sense — as an interconnected web of personal, community, and bioregional well-being. Learn more about the organization at builditgreen.org
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
Provide administrative and clerical support to Build It Green’s staff of four, including the Executive Director. This support includes but is not limited to:
- Scheduling appointments, meetings, and events.
- Managing online and mail correspondence.
- Electronic and physical file management.
- Data entry and data management including entering information into a Salesforce database with accuracy, timeliness, and completeness.
- Routing and addressing phone and online queries regarding Build It Green’s programs, courses, and other activities.
- Handling travel arrangements.
- Managing logistics for events and courses.
- Managing Build It Green’s front desk, receiving visitors, and attending to the safety and security of the office.
- Assisting with finance and human resource needs.
- Organizing mail services,
- Assisting the Executive Director and other staff in coordinating all-staff events, office safety initiatives and morale boosting activities. Manage budgets for these activities.
- Supporting the Executive Director in managing the Build It Green Board of Directors including: maintaining the Board calendar, helping to compile and distribute materials for Board and committee meetings, taking minutes at Board meetings, and support the planning of events for the Board.
- Coordinating and facilitate periodic team meetings.
- Creating or supporting presentations as needed.
- Providing writing and editing support.
- Providing support for Build It Green’s communications efforts potentially including website and social media maintenance.
- Support memberships and training needs, application reviews, and fundraising efforts.
The successful Administrative Assistant will:
- Quickly become proficient in Build It Green’s programs and services.
- Exhibit a professional, friendly and courteous.
- Take initiative, learn quickly, and act independently to address multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and communicate with staff and management as needed.
Education and Skills
- College degree, Associate’s or Bachelor’s, preferred.
- Experience with or strong interest in content writing for social media, marketing & communications, and/or copy editing
- Minimum 2-year experience in a related office administration role.
- Proven office organizational skills to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to adapt to projects/assignments and work with flexibility.
- Respond effectively to changing situations and sensitive communications.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to listen effectively, select and use appropriate communication methods, and to present ideas and information effectively in writing and presentations (including to executive leadership and Board members).
- Work effectively as a part of a team.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Google equivalents.
- Experience using online web-based management systems such as SalesForce, Smartsheet, and the use of Zoom and/or other online meeting platforms.
- Ability to always maintain a high degree of professionalism.
- Interest in some combination of environmental sustainability, social equity, green building design and construction, energy optimization, urban planning, and/or community development a plus.
Licenses & Certifications
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to travel up to 20%
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Noise Level is typically moderate.
- Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential shock.
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer