Field Technician - DR
$750 Sign-on Bonus!!!!
As a combined organization, Franklin Energy and AM Conservation Group is undertaking what is perhaps the central challenge of our times – to help drive the transition to net-zero carbon economies while ensuring that no working families, businesses, or local communities are left behind. To do that, we are the utility industry’s top provider of turn-key energy efficiency and grid optimization programs and products, all of which contribute to reducing carbon and waste and, at the same time, free-up resources for creating more innovation investment and jobs. With over 26 years in business, we have more than 1,300 experts across the United States and Canada, with warehouses on both coasts. The organization’s integrated in-house services provide deep personalization and insights, helping energy partners achieve their carbon-reduction and energy productivity goals.
We believe the organization’s most “precious resources” are its people. We pledge a relentless pursuit to embody a culture that acknowledges, recognizes, and infinitely seeks to understand the unique differences of its people. We are committed to creating employee experiences that continually attract and embrace a multiracial, multicultural, and multigenerational workforce that promotes outstanding performance and mirrors our diverse partnerships, clients and communities we serve.
This position is responsible for performing the installation, removal, modification, inspection, and/or service of a specific type or set of types of Direct Load Control devices while exhibiting safe, courtesy, and helpful behavior and maintaining compliance with company standards. Services are targeted to the residential markets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Perform all required duties as directed to install, inspect, modify, remove and/or service DLC devices
- Exhibit basic HVAC technical aptitude and understanding
- Perform work requiring electrical/electronic usage and mechanical theories and principles
- Navigate and understand basic operating components of air conditioning systems
- Provide a professional appearance appropriate for a representative of our organization and the client
- Ensure the meeting of customer specifications and company quality standards
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Work in a team atmosphere to collaborate and continuously improve operations year after year
- Occasional weekend travel to a job site to accommodate a customer’s need may be required
- Participate in the On-Call Rotation system for after-hours service calls
- Conduct inventory counts and submit inventory reports as requested by management.
- Assure the cleanliness and organization of warehouse locations and fleet vehicle parking areas by regularly assisting with the cleaning and organization of those areas - this includes proper storage of product and recycling materials, if applicable.
- Assure assigned fleet vehicles have all safety products located within and attached to the vehicle, and that the vehicles are kept clean and orderly.
- Perform routine vehicle safety inspections and submit inspection and maintenance reports to management upon request.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 1 – 3 years of experience preferably in basic wiring, lighting, HVAC, troubleshooting and/or other technologies installed in commercial/residential applications.
- Mechanical and technical aptitude required.
- Basic construction knowledge
- Basic knowledge of building science/energy auditing
- Experience in installing technologies, manual labor and using tools. – Preferred
- Background in one or more of the following: - Preferred
- Building science and design
- Building envelope
- Weatherization or related fields
- Building maintenance
- Home inspection
- HVAC, lighting, controls or renewable energy
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Must be able to handle a wide work variety and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and have an ability to prioritize workload.
- Ability to identify and resolve project application issues with customers and trade allies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong data entry skills in entering information in tracking systems/databases.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers, clients and employees.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and solve practical problems.
- Knowledge of mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages and ratios.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with limited supervision
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
- Reliable transportation
Licenses & Certifications
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to travel up to 95%
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Noise Level is typically moderate
- Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential shock
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
At Franklin Energy Services, LLC and AM Conservation Group, the health and safety of our employees is our number one priority. As such, and to comply with President Biden’s Federal Executive Order 14042 Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, all offers of employment are contingent on providing proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (meaning that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccine regimen.) The company will review and determine reasonable accommodations for those in need of an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason or because of a sincerely held religious belief.
An Equal Opportunity Employer