Energy Specialist - Remote
We provide our utility clients with a wide range of energy-saving and renewable energy solutions. From individual utility customers and construction contractors, to utilities, municipalities, and government bodies, our clients have come to depend on our customized energy efficiency programs to help them to meet their energy-saving goals. Franklin Energy has developed numerous software products that are included as part of our program delivery, in addition to some limited direct software sales and consulting agreements.
The Energy Specialist - Remote will virtually inspect buildings to assess current energy use, then make recommendations to optimize efficiency and minimize cost. This role is primarily responsible for completing virtual (video chat) walk through energy efficiency assessments, providing instruction for customers to install energy efficiency equipment and products, and for deepening customer awareness of and participation in rebate programs and the utility’s demand-side management programs. You will also be working with others who are passionate about energy efficiency and making a positive impact on the industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- In advance of appointments, review and analyze data, including online building site information, energy usage and customer-reported information and images, then determine preliminary opportunities for efficiency and savings.
- Deliver professional, high-quality and efficient virtual energy auditing services to utility customers over the phone, text and/or video chat. Initiate conversations regarding energy usage and build quick rapport with utility customers in a virtual setting.
- Complete virtual (video chat) walk through energy assessments of properties that identify key natural gas and electric saving opportunities (all living space, basement/crawl space, attic, and exterior perimeter of building if safely accessible for the customer) and promote behavioral change.
- Provide thorough education to end users regarding energy efficiency. Clearly explain and articulate energy assessment findings to building owner including explanation of energy efficiency rebates and answering related questions.
- Instruct on the installation of energy saving devices including lighting, smart thermostats, hot water saving devices, and the like.
- Compose and deliver audit reports containing the results of the energy analysis and recommendations for improved energy efficiency.
- Actively identify and recommend ways to improve program operations and delivery.
- Continuously drive improvements in quality, customer satisfaction and productivity.
- Accurately complete and maintain all required paperwork, records and documents, etc.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations.
Education and Experience
- 2-year Associates degree or equivalent experience
- One of the following:
- Residential building construction
- Heating and Air Conditioning System install, sales or service
- Other energy efficiency designations or certificates including:
- Advanced Home Energy Professional (HEP)
- Building Analyst
- Envelope Professional
- Residential Building Envelope Whole Hose Air Leakage Controller Installer
- Air Conditioning and Heat Pump
- Air sealing and building insulation experience
- Customer Interview & Sit Down – articulate findings and recommendations
- BPI Fundamentals or above
- Two years of previous related work experience
- 1-2 years of experience in marketing, community organizing, education, customer service or a related field – Virtual experience preferred
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact well with customers and coworkers in a virtual environment.
- Good research and organizational skills.
- Ability to explain complicated matters to a variety of individuals in a virtual environment.
- Must be able to handle a wide work variety and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Technologically adept.
- Strong data entry skills in entering information in tracking systems/databases.
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and have an ability to prioritize
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Basic understanding of methods used for technical and cost savings analysis and reporting.
- Basic understanding of energy modeling software.
- Basic understanding of energy conservation principles and techniques.
- Reliable transportation.
Licenses & Certifications
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to travel less than 10% of the time
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Noise Level is typically moderate
- Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential shock
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer