We provide our utility clients with a wide range of energy-saving and renewable energy solutions. From individual utility customers and construction contractors, to utilities, municipalities, and government bodies, our clients have come to depend on our customized energy efficiency programs to help them to meet their energy saving goals.
This position is responsible for traveling to pre-scheduled appointments to install energy efficient equipment and products. Services are targeted to the residential and small commercial markets including building owners, management companies, small business owners, and trade allies / contractors. Introduce the various incentive programs that pertain to the customer segments, if necessary. This position will also be responsible for introducing and explaining the incentive programs that pertain to these customer’s sectors.
**Residency in NJ required for the program**
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Perform all required duties as directed to install energy efficient equipment and products.
- Install all energy efficiency equipment according to proper procedures.
- Daily travel to pre-scheduled appointments.
- Provide a professional appearance appropriate for a representative of our organization and the client.
- Ensure the meeting of customer specifications and company quality standards.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records, documents, etc.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the program’s strategic direction regarding energy efficiency and the business activities of its customers.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations.
- Perform all required duties as directed to install energy efficient equipment and products including aerators, showerheads, and compact fluorescent lights.
- Assist in conducting blower door and combustion safety tests if required by the program.
- Apply insulating and/or sealing material to exterior penetrations, window and door gaps, attic floor penetrations, attic doors and box sills as required.
- Daily travel to pre-scheduled appointments at apartments, condo units and other qualified building types.
- Work in a team atmosphere to collaborate and continuously improve operations year after year.
- Occasional weekend travel to a job site to accommodate a customer’s need may be required.
- Conduct inventory counts and submit inventory reports as requested by management.
- Assure the cleanliness and organization of Franklin Energy warehouse locations and fleet vehicle parking areas by regularly assisting with the cleaning and organization of those areas - this includes proper storage of product and recycling materials, if applicable.
- Assure assigned fleet vehicles have all safety products located within and attached to the vehicle, and that the vehicles are kept clean and orderly.
- Perform routine vehicle safety inspections and submit inspection and maintenance reports to management upon request.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- One to three years of experience preferably in basic wiring, lighting, HVAC, troubleshooting and/or other technologies installed in commercial/residential applications.
- One to two years of previous customer service/sales experience required.
- Mechanical and technical aptitude required.
- Experience in installing technologies, manual labor and using tools. – Preferred
- Background in one or more of the following: - Preferred
- - Building science and design
- - Building envelope
- - Weatherization or related fields
- - Building maintenance
- - Home inspection
- - HVAC, lighting, controls or renewable energy
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Must be able to handle a wide work variety and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and have an ability to prioritize workload.
- Ability to identify and resolve project application issues with customers and trade allies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong data entry skills in entering information in tracking systems/databases.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers, clients and employees.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and solve practical problems.
- Knowledge of mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages and ratios.
- Reliable Transportation
Licenses & Certifications
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to travel 95% of the time, including occasional overnight travel.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Noise level is typically moderate
- Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential shock
At Franklin Energy Services, LLC and AM Conservation Group, the health and safety of our employees is our number one priority. As such, and to comply with President Biden’s Federal Executive Order 14042 Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, all offers of employment are contingent on providing proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (meaning that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccine regimen.) The company will review and determine reasonable accommodations for those in need of an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason or because of a sincerely held religious belief.
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer