Energy Advisor I
***** $2,000 SIGN-ON BONUS****
As a combined organization, Franklin Energy and AM Conservation Group is undertaking what is perhaps the central challenge of our times – to help drive the transition to net-zero carbon economies while ensuring that no working families, businesses, or local communities are left behind. To do that, we are the utility industry’s top provider of turn-key energy efficiency and grid optimization programs and products, all of which contribute to reducing carbon and waste and, at the same time, free-up resources for creating more innovation investment and jobs. With over 26 years in business, we have more than 1,300 experts across the United States and Canada, with warehouses on both coasts. The organization’s integrated in-house services provide deep personalization and insights, helping energy partners achieve their carbon-reduction and energy productivity goals.
We believe the organization’s most “precious resources” are its people. We pledge a relentless pursuit to embody a culture that acknowledges, recognizes, and infinitely seeks to understand the unique differences of its people. We are committed to creating employee experiences that continually attract and embrace a multiracial, multicultural, and multigenerational workforce that promotes outstanding performance and mirrors our diverse partnerships, clients and communities we serve.
This position is primarily responsible for providing our services directly to homeowners, landlords, building owners and other utility customers. You will provide expert advice and coordination for our programs while recommending specific modifications to electric and/or gas systems. You will also convince prospective clients of the improved efficiency that our services will bring. This role combines field work with office time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Direct installation of energy saving products as directed by program management
- Adhering to the safety requirements of the organization and the utility client
- Promote the energy efficiency program to customers, trade allies and program stakeholders within your assigned territory
- Understand and implement the company’s Sales Process, including but not limited to:
- Make outbound calls to existing customers to meet assigned energy saving targets
- Initiate new business with new customers through business-to-business efforts
- Manage field time effectively with customer, Trade Ally and program stakeholder visits
- Develop and deliver presentations to create awareness about the program
- Respond to customer inquiries and concerns by phone, electronically or in person to move projects towards completion
- Work with utility customers to provide energy efficiency and the business activities of its customers
- Identify and provide documentation of on-site opportunities and written summary reports for energy efficiency to customers and client/Program Manager, provide follow-up to as required
- Discuss technical elements of energy consuming equipment-i.e., lighting, HVAC, hot water system, building and pipe insulation, and air sealing
- Enter data into spreadsheets and database to determine energy savings and to manage current projects which may also include collaborating with Energy Engineers as required
- Maintain professional appearance and behavior appropriate for a representative of our organization and the utility
- Build quick rapport with customers. Quickly initiate conversations with customers on site and virtually regarding energy usage at the facility
- Be able to work in a team atmosphere, and willing to collaborate on continuous improvement of operations year after year
- Assist Program Manager in the training of new team members
- Lead presentations promoting energy efficiency programs for targeted groups
- Assist customers through the rebate application process
- All other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience. Technical school degree combined with demonstrated experience in electric/gas utility filed will be considered. Equivalent work experience may be considered.
- 1 – 2 years of experience in the electric or natural gas utility industry, facilities management, HVAC design or sales, commercial and industrial lighting, conservation and energy management, or related experience
- Previous energy efficiency and/or energy modeling experience- Preferred
- Previous customer service, sales, or marketing experience
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Must be self-motivated, organized and have ability to prioritize workload
- Must be flexible to handle a wide variety and work at a fast pace
- Ability to adapt to changing environment in the program when required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Strong data entry skills in entering information in tracking systems/databases
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers, clients and employees
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and solve practical problems
- Knowledge of mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages and ratios
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
- Reliable transportation
Licenses & Certifications
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to travel less than 50%
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Noise Level is typically moderate
- Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential shock
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer