Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Manager
As a combined organization, Franklin Energy and AM Conservation Group is undertaking what is perhaps the central challenge of our times – to help drive the transition to net-zero carbon economies while ensuring that no working families, businesses, or local communities are left behind. To do that, we are the utility industry’s top provider of turn-key energy efficiency and grid optimization programs and products, all of which contribute to reducing carbon and waste and, at the same time, free-up resources for creating more innovation investment and jobs. With over 26 years in business, we have more than 1,300 experts across the United States and Canada, with warehouses on both coasts. The organization’s integrated in-house services provide deep personalization and insights, helping energy partners achieve their carbon-reduction and energy productivity goals.
We believe the organization’s most “precious resources” are its people. We pledge a relentless pursuit to embody a culture that acknowledges, recognizes, and infinitely seeks to understand the unique differences of its people. We are committed to creating employee experiences that continually attract and embrace a multiracial, multicultural, and multigenerational workforce that promotes outstanding performance and mirrors our diverse partnerships, clients and communities we serve.
Using Lean/Six Sigma methodology and analytics, the Continuous Improvement Manager will analyze key metrics to plan, design, implement and evaluate key projects, identifying areas for performance improvement, opportunities for cost savings and adjusting projects as necessary so as to achieve savings goals. The incumbent will work with senior leadership and cross-functional leaders to increase operational efficiencies to drive performance productivity improvements across the organization. Emphasis is on leadership, continuous improvement, productivity standards, cost savings and identifying current gaps/deficiencies in operations productivity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Lead analysis to identify performance improvement projects and prioritization to realize productivity savings using Lean/Six Sigma methodologies and internal productivity dashboards
- Lead Lean/Six Sigma based productivity projects to achieve savings goals; leads and participates in structured improvement activities including Kaizen and Root Cause Analysis
- Oversees cross functional productivity projects, including deliverable tracking and cost savings; track and validate success, ensuring planned business outcomes are achieved and adjusting projects as necessary
- Lead and facilitate collaborative efforts to identify and define targeted organizational processes, capabilities, application of key technologies for improved performance
- Lead data collection, time studies, audits, and other data analysis as part of continuous process improvement efforts
- Assess, improve and develop operational excellence through productivity projects
- Monitors key metrics/KPIs to identify areas of savings, make data driven improvements to efficiencies and address gaps/deficiencies
- Actively identify potential risks & issues relating to the delivery of projects and manage a resolution process in a timely manner
- Work with different business functions to develop and implement data gathering techniques to identify and rank opportunities for continuous improvement
- Ensure productivity improvement projects are connected to business objectives and key results
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree accredited college or university in business, engineering, or other discipline
- Energy efficiency industry experience (or equivalent) - Preferred
- 5+ years of Quality, Operations, Lean/Six Sigma or Statistical experience
- Relevant experience managing operational excellence initiatives
- Demonstrated accountability to quality, process improvement, and industry best practices
- Experience working with and influencing stakeholders at a senior manager level
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Must be able to handle a wide variety of work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and have an ability to prioritize workload
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook; proficient in PowerBI or other like data visualization tool; highly developed skills in Microsoft Excel (including ability to analyze large data sets through PowerPivot)
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers, clients and employees
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and solve practical problems
- Knowledge of business financial concepts and ability to translate operational efficiencies into financial objectives and targets
- Knowledge of mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages and ratios
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills to develop strategies that help overcome departmental challenges and enhance the company's performance levels and profits
- Excellent Leadership skills
- Understanding of industry trends with ability to apply them to process improvements
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
- Reliable transportation
Licenses & Certifications
- Lean/Six Sigma Certification – Black Belt or Above
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to travel up to 15%
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Noise Level is typically moderate
- Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential shock
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer