We provide our utility clients with a wide range of energy-saving and renewable energy solutions. From individual utility customers and construction contractors, to utilities, municipalities, and government bodies, our clients have come to depend on our customized energy efficiency programs to help them to meet their energy saving goals.
The Regional Director is primarily responsible for overseeing regional operations with the primary responsibility of expanding our company’s implementation services to new utility clients within the designated region. This position will also be responsible for building a team and leading program managers and staff in delivering world class utility energy efficiency programs, building and managing relations with key clients, and guiding the effort to deliver exceptional results to our clients. In addition, the Regional Director will be responsible for the financial results of all contracts in the region, working with program managers, and for properly staffing local program offices in a rapidly growing organization. You will also be working with others who are passionate about energy efficiency and making a positive impact on the industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Lead the region to meet aggressive energy efficiency savings goals cost effectively by maximizing the resources of personnel, technology, process, and incentives to exceed expectations of existing and new utility clients.
- Lead the region during a period of significant expansion of funding for energy efficiency programs and ensure the company’s position as a top performer in the implementation of these programs.
- Track production and review overall performance of the company’s energy efficiency and renewable energy programs against contract goals and report progress, challenges, and successes to the executive team.
- Meet or exceed production, revenue, and margin expectations by successfully executing programs that build client relationships and result in additional business for the company.
- Financial oversight responsibility for program contracts that the company manages.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key utility clients, various program partners and policy constituents.
- Provide direction, guidance and support to Program Managers in daily operations, and advise and mentor less-experienced team members.
- Support business development efforts by preparing and presenting proposals, and responding to RFP's and RFQ's.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with peers, program partners, and colleagues on other project teams.
- Monitor operations to recognize trends, opportunities to enhance procedures, identify potential problems, or other factors that might impact production or performance with an eye toward optimizing program results
Education and Experience
- 4-year college degree and a minimum of 10 years of energy efficiency industry experience (or equivalent)
- Advanced degree - Preferred
- Experience in managing and building high level utility relationships
- Demonstrated experience in managing multi-million dollar contracts, key account client relationships, business development, and staff and resource management
- Previous P&L responsibilities
- Experience leading a team, motivating employees and generating results preferably in an environment of multiple locations in several states
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong organizational skills - ability to demonstrate a systematic approach in carrying out assignments, with the ability to prioritize tasks and document results
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Must be able to handle a wide work variety and work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and have an ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to identify and resolve project application issues with customers and trade allies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong data entry skills in entering information in tracking systems/databases
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers, clients and employees
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and solve practical problems
- Knowledge of mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages and ratios
- Reliable transportation
Licenses & Certifications
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to travel up to 50-75% of the time, including overnight travel
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Noise Level is typically moderate
- Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential shock
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer