Senior Proposal Writer
We provide our utility clients with a wide range of energy-saving and renewable energy solutions. From individual utility customers and construction contractors, to utilities, municipalities, and government bodies, our clients have come to depend on our customized energy efficiency programs to help them to meet their energy saving goals.
The Senior Proposal Writer is primarily responsible for developing written proposals in support of business operations. You will also be working with others who are passionate about energy efficiency and making a positive impact on the industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Performs initial RFP analysis and coordinates/develops key proposal components to include proposal format and layout, templates, graphics, tables, diagrams, and charts
- Identifies and communicates research/content needed from Proposal Specialist/SMEs to support/complete RFP response
- Works collaboratively with SMEs to understand program delivery strategies and develop content that convey key messages, value propositions, and key differentiators against competition
- Researches, authors and edits responses to writing requirements
- Ensures maintenance of proposal library and serves as liaison with SME departments to revise and improve content available
- Identifies need for supplemental materials/graphics to support content
- Leads War Room effort in order to effectively facilitate Proposal Champion/SME input or engagement
- Reads, edits, and finalizes each section of the proposal response; Provides quality assurance for all documents and materials. Ensures compliance with RFP requirements, corporate identity, branding, and accurate content
- Ensures consistency in format, content, and tone throughout proposal response
- Coordinates activities involved in the development of finalist presentations, discussions, and final proposal revisions
- Provides technical writing, editing, and/or proofreading support as requested
- Identifies, assesses, resolves, and/or escalates issues as needed
- Trains & mentors junior and supports staff
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required or equivalent experience
- Experience in proposal writing or equivalent strongly desired
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Demonstrated success in cultivating positive internal relationships
- Familiarity with energy efficiency programs strongly desired
- Skilled in communicating with internal audiences through a variety of channels
- Relationship-oriented, energetic and resourceful
- Able to meet deadlines and establish clear priorities quickly
- Candidate must show proven leadership and ability to handle wide work variety in fast paced environment
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and have an ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to identify and resolve project application issues with customers and trade allies
- Experience with software tools including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, and Adobe Acrobat and graphics programs desired
- Strong data entry skills in entering information in tracking systems/databases
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers, clients and employees.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and solve practical problems
- Knowledge of mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages and ratios
- Reliable Transportation
Licenses & Certifications
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to travel up to 5% of the time
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Noise Level is typically moderate
- Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential shock
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer