Energy Advisor II - Telecommunications
***Eligible for Signing Bonus of $2,000***
We provide our utility clients with a wide range of energy-saving and renewable energy solutions. From individual utility customers and construction contractors, to utilities, municipalities, and government bodies, our clients have come to depend on our customized energy efficiency programs to help them to meet their energy saving goals.
The Energy Advisor II is responsible for providing our services directly to telecom, cable, broadband, television and broadcasting providers, the building owners, and other related utility customers. You will provide expert advice and coordination for our programs while recommending specific modifications to electric and/or gas systems; you will also convince prospective clients of the improved efficiency that our services will bring. This role combines field work with office time (typically 3 field days to 2 office days per week). Responsible for providing engagement leadership and continual training with a team assigned to the National Telecommunications programs. This position will provide energy advice and coordination services for customers—including trade partner facilitation—and will identify opportunities regarding energy efficiency and introduce the various prescriptive and custom incentive measures that pertain to the customer segment. You will also be working with others who are passionate about energy efficiency and making a positive impact on the industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Understand and implement the company’s Sales Process, including but not limited to.
- Making outbound calls to new and existing customers to meet assigned energy saving targets
- Managing field time effectively with customer or Trade Ally visits
- Developing and presenting program presentations to spur project activity
- Responding to customer inquiries and concerns by phone, electronically or in person to move projects towards completion
- Build quick rapport with customers. Quickly initiate conversations with customers on site regarding energy usage at the facility
- Promote the energy efficiency program to customers and trade allies within your assigned territory
- Maintain professional appearance appropriate for a representative of our organization and the utility
- Be able to work in a team atmosphere, and willing to collaborate on continuous improvement of operations year after year
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the program’s strategic direction regarding energy efficiency and the business activities of its customers
- Work with eligible customers to provide energy efficiency advice, analysis, and assistance with participating in energy efficiency programs
- Discuss technical elements of energy consuming equipment—i.e., network and communications systems, AC/DC power systems, air flow management, HVAC, chillers, economizers, humidity control systems, and lighting solutions
- Identify and provide analysis and report documentation of on-site opportunities for energy efficiency and provide follow-up to customers as required
- Gathering baseline data and equipment specifications as required to support energy efficiency solutions
- Enter data into spreadsheets and databases to determine energy savings and to manage current projects which may also include collaborating with Energy Engineers as required
- All other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience. Technical school degree combined with demonstrated experience in the electric/gas utility field will be considered
- 3-5 years of experience required in the electric or natural gas utility industry, facilities management, HVAC design, or conservation and energy management solutions in a commercial/industrial environment
- 2-3 years of experience in energy efficiency analysis and/or energy modeling
- 2-3 years of experience in the telecommunications, cable, or broadband industry - preferred
- Previous experience managing and tracking key accounts and performing proactive customer outreach activities.
- Previous experience engaging energy oriented projects in related telecom environments such as CLEC’s ILEC’s, head-ends, co-locations, and data centers.
- Previous customer service, sales, or marketing experience
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, organized and have an ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to identify and resolve project application issues with customers and trade allies
- Must be flexible to handle a wide work variety and work at a fast pace
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong data entry skills in entering information in tracking systems/databases
- Proficient with Internet services, specifically for researching equipment, specifications, and solution/customer development
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers, clients and employees
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and solve practical problems
- Strong understanding of electrical and mechanical engineering principles related to energy efficiency along with knowledge of mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages and ratios
- Reliable Transportation
Licenses & Certifications
- Valid driver’s license
- Certified Energy Manager - Preferred
- Willingness to travel approximately 50% of the time, occasional overnight
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Noise Level is typically moderate
- Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential shock
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer