Technical Support Engineer
What We Do:
Forescout Technologies is the leader in device visibility and control. Our unified security platform enables enterprises and government agencies to gain complete situational awareness of their extended enterprise environments and orchestrate actions to reduce cyber and operational risk. Our technology works with disparate security tools to help accelerate incident response, break down silos, automate workflows and optimize existing investments. We are a company filled with people who are cyber obsessed and passionate about our products. We are all about inclusion and diversity! We work as a team, and everyone matters! Join us as we secure the world with our products.
We are looking for resourceful and gritty individuals to collaborate as one team while ensuring world-class customer experience. We are cyber-obsessed about addressing the world’s most challenging security problems. Innovation starts here, everyone’s ideas are valued, visionaries welcomed!
What You Will Do:
The Technical Support Engineer is a key technical resource in the Support organization, providing expert guidance to customers and to other support engineers. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with enterprise computing environments, distributed applications, and strong knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP networks to include ASA, Palo Alto firewalls, Cisco, Juniper, and Brocade switches, along with solid experience in network security solutions. In addition, the candidate will have Advance Systems Administrator’s level of knowledge and understanding of all protocol layers and operating systems: Linux, Windows, and Mac OS. Advanced knowledge in the area of virtualization is strongly desired. The Technical Support Engineer will develop a deep understanding of ForeScout products and in-depth knowledge of environments in which they are deployed, and will use his knowledge and experience to solve technical problems for customers and to act as an adviser to less experienced team members. The Technical Support Engineer completes assigned duties with minimal direction from Technical Services Leadership. Routinely acts independently while researching and developing solutions to customer issues. Acts as a technical point of contact and are repeatedly sought by others to provide specialty knowledge to assist them in their problem-solving. Routinely monitors and develops knowledge assets to enable customer self-sufficiency.
US citizenship required
- Provides complex technical support to customers, other ForeScout employees, and partners.
- Makes collaborative effort within the team to resolve complex customer issues.
- Participates in knowledge transfer with teammates through delivering formal team training sessions, brown bags and formal mentoring.
- Creates and reviews knowledge-base articles and notes.
- Achieves a high level of expertise in all areas of the product.
- Provides knowledge transfer with teammates through formal team training sessions, brown bags, and mentoring of other team members.
- Capable of handling cases and escalations within guidelines.
- Capable of independently solving customer issues on-site.
- Liaison to Engineering on product issues including design, features, and defects.
- Occasionally travels to customer sites in emergency situations to solve technical problems.
- Understanding of enterprise computing environments, distributed applications, and strong knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP networks to include ASA, Palo Alto firewalls, and Cisco, Juniper, and Brocade switches.
- Experience with design and configuration of ForeScout CounterAct is a plus.
- Hands-on experience in both Windows and Linux, Mac OSX platforms with a solid understanding of networking principals and security best practices.
- Understanding of the system hardening processes, tools, guidelines, and benchmarks.
- Industry Certifications such as CISSP, CASP, Security+, CEH, SANS (GCIA, GCIH, GREM, GPEN) is a plus.
- Advanced Administrator’s level of understanding of Operating Systems (Linux, Windows, Macintosh, and UNIX) is a plus.
- Computer Networking Systems Administrator’s level Knowledge of all protocol layers.
- Strong knowledge of enterprise networking environments.
- Expertise in debugging and root-cause analysis in complex systems and large environments.
- Experience installing, implementing and debugging network access control security solutions is a plus.
- Desired skills: VMware -VSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, and PGSQL.
- Understating of programming languages: C, Java, and Perl.
- 3+ years of technical experience in a support role (in an Enterprise-level support environment is a plus).
- 2+ years of experience troubleshooting hardware related issues.
- Outstanding customer-facing skills.
- Expert ability to assess situations and adapt according to customer needs.
- Strong knowledge and experience working in a complex multi-team based technical support environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot heterogeneous environments.
- Capable of documenting problems and solutions for internal as well as external customers.
- Model documentation and case management practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent industry experience.
- CISSP certification or equivalent is a plus.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally when required
What Forescout Offers You:
- Competitive compensation and benefits – we cover 95% of employee and dependents’ benefits premiums (US only), 401K match, generous PTO policy, and much more
- Collaborative and innovative environment – make an impact on worldwide security while working on the hottest technology
- Leadership that supports and encourages professional growth and development
Learn more at www.forescout.com
Forescout is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.