OT Professional Services Engineer
What We Do:
Forescout Technologies is a fast-growing company developing state-of-the-art network monitoring and intrusion detection technology specifically built for Industrial Control Systems (ICS) which control everything from elevators to roller coasters to oil refineries and the US electrical grid. We are passionate about turning cutting-edge technology into robust industrialized solutions for our ICS end customers. Working on the edge of academic research combined with years of field experience, we have developed a new approach to protect process control environments against unique and advanced cyber threats. Our customers and partners are spread across the globe and operate in various industries, including electric power, water distribution, oil & gas, manufacturing, and entertainment.
The Professional Services Engineer (PSE) position at Forescout Technologies offers the opportunity to design, deploy, and operate Forescout eyeInspect solutions in real-world customer environments. The PSE for ICS Networks will deploy, configure, optimize, operate, and troubleshoot Forescout eyeInspect solutions as well as provide on the job training to customers onsite or remotely. The Consultant is also responsible for integrating the eyeInspect product with other customer third party software such as remote access and SIEM technologies.
This role is remote, will report to the Manager of Professional Services Engineering, and be located in any major United States city.
What You Will Do:
- Provide on-site and off-site Forescout professional services to customers including, product deployment, configuration, health checks, optimization, training, and troubleshooting
- Proactively identify and prioritize issues on behalf of the customer, communicate and explain issues to customer verbally or in writing, develop plans to address issues, get approval for plans, and drive plans to successful completion
- Assist customer business units with eyeInspect implementation plans and network designs
- Coordinate and lead meetings and provide written summaries.
- Contribute to the development of best practices, intellectual property, and training material
- Collaborate with customer support, product management, R&D, marketing and sales regarding deployment techniques, feature requests, product issues and sentiment
- Identify and recommend new customer service opportunities to Sales and/or customer
- Stay abreast of product capabilities, configurations and integrations via training/lab work
What You Bring To Forescout:
- Strong experience in network troubleshooting and configuration (tcpdump, Wireshark, etc.)
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and enterprise network protocols (LDAP, DNS, SMTP, SNMP, DHCP, and authentication protocols)
- Knowledge of ICS networks, SCADA systems, DCS systems and/or OT protocols (MODBUS, DNP3, IEC 104, ETH/IP, MMS, etc.)
- Network equipment configuration (Switch, Router, Firewall)
- Linux O/S (Ubuntu and CentOS) installation, security configuration, and management
- Hands-on experience with Forescout solutions (preferred)
- Working knowledge of Linux/UNIX operating systems
- Virtualization environments for both desktop and server deployments
- Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret data in order to efficiently and effectively take action
- Working knowledge of industry security standards, procedures and technologies
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communications, including presentation skills for audiences of varying levels of technical understanding
- Ability to constructively handle and address customer concerns through explanation or management escalation
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally preferred
- Experience in federal government environments preferred
- A self-motivated individual with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to work independently in a mix of workplace environments including large enterprise, commercial, and military/government agency customers
- Network security analysis and/or ICS networking experience - 5 years minimum
- Experience in network security principles and standards (IEC 62443, NIST 800-82, NERC CIP)
- Experience in enterprise-level customer interaction with a strong customer support attitude
- Strong knowledge and experience working in a geographically distributed team-based engineering environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent industry experience
- GICSP certification or equivalent is a plus
Must be within 45 minutes of a major regional airport (US based) with approximately 30% travel (domestic and international).
What Forescout Offers You:
- Competitive compensation and benefits – we cover 95% of employee and dependents’ benefits premiums (US only), 401K match, generous PTO policy, and much more
- Collaborative and innovative environment – make an impact on worldwide security while working on the hottest technology
- Leadership that supports and encourages professional growth and development
- Want a glimpse of Life @ Forescout? Check us out on Facebook and Instagram
- Learn more at: www.forescout.com
Forescout is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.