Technical Support Engineer
What We Do:
Forescout Technologies is the leader in device visibility and control. Our unified security platform enables enterprises and government agencies to gain complete situational awareness of their extended enterprise environments and orchestrate actions to reduce cyber and operational risk. Our technology works with disparate security tools to help accelerate incident response, break down silos, automate workflows and optimize existing investments. We are a company filled with people who are cyber obsessed and passionate about our products. We are all about inclusion and diversity! We work as a team, and everyone matters! Join us as we secure the world with our products.
We are looking for resourceful and gritty individuals to collaborate as one team while ensuring a world-class customer experience. We are cyber-obsessed about addressing the world’s most challenging security problems. Innovation starts here, everyone’s ideas are valued, visionaries welcomed!
You will be responsible for developing a deep understanding of Forescout products and in-depth knowledge of environments in which they are deployed and will use your knowledge and experience to solve technical problems for customers and to act as adviser to less experienced team members. You will also complete assigned duties with minimal direction from Technical Services Leadership. Routinely acts independently while researching and developing solutions to customer issues. Acts as a technical point of contact and is repeatedly sought by others to provide specialty knowledge to assist them in their problem solving. Routinely monitors and develops knowledge assets to enable customer self-sufficiency.
What You Will Do:
- Provide expert guidance to customers and other support engineers
- Collaborate with the team to resolve complex customer issues
- Handle case escalations and solving customer issues on site
- Work closely with Engineering to relay any product issues
- Travel occasionally to customer sites for emergency technical issues
What You Bring to Forescout:
- 5-8 year’s technical experience in a support role (in an Enterprise-level support environment is a plus with 2+ years’ experience troubleshooting hardware related issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Outstanding customer-facing skills and expert ability to assess situations and adapt according to customer needs and ability to troubleshoot heterogeneous environments.
- Capable of documenting problems and solution for internal as well external customers and model documentation and case management practices
- Understanding of enterprise computing environments, distributed applications, and a strong knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP networks to include ASA ,Palo Alto firewalls, and Cisco, Juniper, and Brocade switches
- Hands on experience in both Windows and Linux, Mac OSX platforms with a solid understanding of networking principals and security best practices.
- Understanding of the system hardening processes, tools, guidelines and benchmarks and Computer Networking Systems Administrator’s level Knowledge of all protocol layers.
- Industry Certifications such as CISSP, CASP, Security+, CEH, SANS (GCIA, GCIH, GREM, GPEN).
- Advanced Administrator’s level of understanding of Operating Systems (Linux, Windows, Macintosh, and UNIX)and strong knowledge of enterprise networking environments.
What Forescout Offers You:
- Competitive compensation and benefits – we cover 95% of employee and dependents’ benefits premiums (US only), 401K match, generous PTO policy, and much more
- Collaborative and innovative environment – make an impact on worldwide security while working on the hottest technology
- Leadership that supports and encourages professional growth and development
Learn more at: www.forescout.com
Forescout is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.