Sr. QA Engineer
What We Do:
Today the modern enterprise is an Enterprise of Things. We are on a mission to secure the Enterprise of Things with active defense by identifying, segmenting and enforcing compliance of every connected thing. In real time. And at scale. Our unified security platform enables enterprises and government agencies to focus on Zero Trust segmentation, IT/OT convergence and OT/ICS innovation, all supporting our mission and vision.
Join us as we secure the world with our products. We are looking for resourceful and gritty individuals to collaborate as one team while ensuring a world-class customer experience. We are cyber-obsessed about addressing the world’s most challenging security problems. Innovation starts here, everyone’s ideas are valued, visionaries welcomed!
(This role is in our Plano, TX office 3 days per week, Tues-Thurs, and 2 days per week remote only, Mon & Fri)
(We are NOT sponsoring H1B visa candidates or relocating candidates)
What You Will Do:
If you are highly professional and passionate about exploring our impressive NAC product, come join the Forescout Compatibility team as a QA Engineer and take part in defining and driving the future worldwide market-leading product suite that consists of Network Access Control, Endpoint Compliance, Mobile Control, and Intrusion Prevention. Applications range from Client/Server to Web for a Network Access Control solution, running on both Windows and Linux systems.
- Test eyeSight software suite along with third-party devices including network switch devices, endpoint compliance, and software integrations
- Design, develop, and maintain automated test suites using Ansible, Selenium Cucumber framework, and Python scripts
- Analyze and report defects on software to improve conformance, stability, and supportability
- Develop tools, framework, and infrastructure to improve testing efficiency and quality
- Test defect fixes and new functionality as required
- Work closely with product, development, and sustaining teams to provide timely and automated testing of new and existing product features
What You Bring To Forescout:
- 8+ years of experience in software quality assurance in network and or endpoint security
- Most importantly, true startup spirit and strong "can-do" attitude and willing to wear multiple hats when needed
- Experience testing network security product like firewall, intrusion prevention systems, and SIEM solution, are highly desirable
- Hands-on experience with Linux, Python, SQL and database with working knowledge of Java a plus
- Experience providing and maintaining complex, automated regression tests
- Demonstrated ability to logically and analytically troubleshoot software and network issues
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills
- Skilled in troubleshooting and debugging techniques
- Experience with Cisco, Juniper, and or HPE network devices is recommended.
- Experience with VMware, Hyper-V, and KVM is recommended.
- Experience with Kibana
- Networking: good understanding of TCP/IP, knowledge in protocols (DNS, SMTP, SNMP, DHCP, 802.1x), familiarity with network equipment configuration (router/switch), Windows-based networks with domain management a plus, and low-level network monitoring and sniffing
- Experience with Agile is a plus
- Can work independently
- Thorough thinker and focused on quality
- Committed and proactive
- Fast learner and resourceful
- Excellent execution and communication skills a must
- Collaborates well with others
- Motivated and willing to learn new technologies and eager to apply them to improve day-to-day productivity and code quality
- Team player, willing to learn, and mentor others
What Forescout Offers You:
- Competitive compensation and benefits – we cover 95% of employee and dependents’ benefits premiums (US only), 401K match, generous PTO policy, and much more
- Collaborative and innovative environment – make an impact on worldwide security while working on the hottest technology
- Leadership that supports and encourages professional growth and development
- Want a glimpse of Life @ Forescout? Check us out on Facebook and Instagram
- Learn more at: www.forescout.com
Where permitted by applicable law, the candidate must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by the date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job (subject to reasonable accommodations based on disability or religion). Forescout Technology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Forescout is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.