Network Engineer (TS/SCI CI POLY)
NETWORK ENGINEER (TS/SCI CI POLY)
Force 3, a Sirius Company, is looking for a Network Engineer, with a current TS/SCI CI Poly security clearance, to work directly support our government customer located in Washington, DC.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with plans network design, layout and develops the baseline configuration for the system. Assist in devolving network automation strategies as part of a shift to future DevOps based environment.
- Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements and provides recommendations and guidance.
- Briefs government customer and other contractors on recommended solutions and designs.
- Supports the development of the BOM and government IGCE for acquisition by the government as needed. Lead the development effort for the standard documentation maintained.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users to operation staff.
- May perform general network administration duties as needed.
- Serves as technical team or task leader.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- 20% CONUS travel to customer sites as needed.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- A current TS/SCI CI POLY security clearance is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a technical related field
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or equivalent hands on experience or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or equivalent hands on experience.
- At least five years’ experience with network operating systems (Cisco; Novell; and Windows Server); network hardware (routers; switches; cabling and other essential network hardware); LAN/WAN protocols (OSPF; BGP; MPLS)
Other Position Requirements:
- Technologies will include everything from legacy campus environments based on spanning tree, to engineering future solutions based on SDN, NVF, and SD WAN.
- Must be familiar with Type 1 encryption solutions
- JWICs or DISN experience is strong a plus
- Strong knowledge of networking at the CCNA level working toward or possessing a CCNP is a plus
- Must be capable of engineering and documenting network solutions, not just deploying or configuring
- Good verbal and written presentation
Benefits you will receive:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Ample time off starting with a generous PTO policy and 12 Holidays
- Training & Educational reimbursement
- Awards: We celebrate and recognize our employees!
- Referral Bonuses
- A variety of company social events
- Opportunities to give back to the community
- And much more…
Serving federal agencies for over 25 years, Force 3 has a wealth of knowledge and resources to offer best practice solutions that achieve optimal outcomes and meet compliance guidelines. Together with our parent company Sirius Computer Solutions, we offer a comprehensive range of solutions backed by an expert team of engineers and the highest levels of partnership with leading manufacturers. From design to deployment, support, and maintenance, our technology solutions and services are designed with a constant focus on supporting our customers’ missions. We prioritize your success – and we don’t succeed unless you do.
Force 3 is a Cisco Gold Partner, Dell Technologies GSA Authorized Partner, F5 Platinum Partner, IBM Platinum Business Partner, NetApp Star Partner, Nutanix Master Partner, Palo Alto Networks Diamond Partner, Splunk Elite Partner, Tenable Platinum Partner, and VMware Premier Partner.
Force 3 is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.
U.S. citizenship is required for most positions and selected applicants will be subject to a background check and/or government security investigation.