Personal Banker-Commercial Banking
Join the winning team at First Business Bank as a
At the heart of First Business Bank, we believe success comes down to putting people first. Our people are our priority — they embody ambition, experience, and client focus. The result is extremely engaged employees who provide unmatched client satisfaction. With comprehensive total rewards to support our team members, a commitment to valuing each other’s differences, and a focus on improving our communities, we are confident you’ll find the experience is your advantage. We’re delighted you’re considering joining us!
More than 30 years ago, First Business Bank was founded on the fundamental idea that specialization leads to success. Part of a growing, publicly traded company, First Business Bank focuses on the unique needs of businesses and business leaders, leading to fewer clients, longer-lasting relationships, industry-leading service, and happier employees.
Be the face of First Business Bank as a hybrid Personal Banker! This Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm role is responsible for providing the highest level of client service to all Bank clients, prospects and employees utilizing in-depth knowledge of Bank products and services. No sales goals!
Essential responsibilities of the Personal Banker:
Private Wealth Deposit and Treasury Management Support
- Answer questions, process transactions, research problems, assist in deposit closing and treasury and private wealth product implementations
- Develop deposit, private wealth and treasury proposals and reviews including development and modeling of account analysis information
- Greets clients in a timely manner including answering the phones, assists clients with answering questions, balance inquiries, researching and resolving client problems
- Analyze client’s banking situation to determine their needs, make sure clients are in the correct product to match their needs and introduce client to appropriate officer as needed
- Effectively explain deposit policies and regulations in order to obtain proper documentation for deposit accounts
- Have knowledge of all bank services and products
Treasury Management Support
- Develop deposit and treasury proposals and reviews including development and modeling of account analysis information
- Provide administrative support for the Treasury Management Sales team as needed
Cross-train as a Client Relationship Specialist
- Answer client questions about existing loans, collect information and financial statements from clients, request documents and send documents to appropriate departments
- Verify cash, balance drawer and vault, perform monthly audits on cash drawers and vault, process night drop deposits and coin and cash orders for commercial clients
- Order and ship coin and currency to/from Correspondent Bank to replenish funds and stay within cash limits as necessary
Education and/or experience requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years New Account Opening or Teller experience preferred.
- 2-4 years Customer Service experience required.
- Well-developed customer and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to speak clearly, understandably, and listen to clients/prospective clients and co-workers.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations, including a demonstrated adherence to all Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering and OFAC laws, plus completion of all training addressing this topic.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Company Information: First Business Bank offers a full suite of financial services including Business Banking (Commercial Banking and Specialty Finance), Private Wealth, and Bank Consulting. Specialty finance solutions are delivered through First Business Bank’s wholly owned subsidiary First Business Specialty Finance, LLC. First Business Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of First Business Financial Services, Inc.
First Business Financial Services, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, military service, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law.