Senior Test Automation Engineer
FINEOS is a global market leader in core insurance technology for Disability, Life, Accident and Health.
We help our customers care for the people they serve through the delivery of superior insurance technology. Our Mission is to be the 'global market leader of group and individual insurance technology on a single software platform'.
FINEOS people are customer-centric, team players and high achievers. Our environment is built on trust and collaboration, where we challenge positively, innovate and collaborate to deliver great results.
What will you be doing?
As a Senior Test Engineer, you will join our highly skilled Framework team, working on our FINEOS Digital Platform implementation projects. As part of a project team, working in conjunction with our internal and external customer’s you will test new Framework features, influence test architectural decisions for our Selenium Framework, innovate and propose improvements while also mentoring more junior test engineers.
All of our Test engineers work closely and collaborate with other testers, developers, Business and technical consultants and other cross functional team members, adhering to our standards and processes. Our implementation projects generally follow the principles of Agile methodologies, working primarily as part of either a FINEOS or a Customers implementation scrum team
What do we need?
FINEOS are looking for an experienced Senior Test Automation Engineer to join our team to ensure the quality of our product and a faster release process
As part of this position we will be looking for excellent communication and estimation skills.
Why work in this team?
The role provides you the opportunity to further develop your Test Automation Engineering skills, working as a part of a SCRUM team committed to delivering robust, user-friendly, high quality software for our internal and customers around the globe. This is an ideal opportunity to work in a dynamic team, learn and develop skills and increase your knowledge in areas including the Software Development Lifecycle, Test Automation Engineering and Quality Assurance, where you can grow your areas of expertise and take on responsibility during your career progression.
As the successful candidate you will be given significant training on latest software industry practices. You will get exposure to and experience of working with cloud technologies. As part of an expanding company and Agile development organisation there will be significant opportunities to further your career.
- Test Automation based on industry best practice and experience
- Develop reusable test components and suites.
- Develop Java/JSP based test components within our Test Client and develop/maintain Selenium tests using Java for these components
- Work with and contribute to our Selenium Framework developed in Java.
- Create and maintain Test Cases from Requirements documentation & Specifications that clearly define and verify the acceptability of software
- Experience to identify areas within a feature that might prove problematic to test and identify areas in existing or new features that require more coverage.
- Drafting test scripts and test cases based on approved requirements that clearly verify the usability and acceptability of software
- Executing test scripts, test cases for testing enterprise software according to industry best practice and experience on a variety of web and thick client technologies within mainstream and agile projects.
- Drafting and executing regression scripts
- Test & Defect Reporting following industry best practice
- Proving test coverage for service pack releases, including regression and defect verification
- Production of quality documentation to support the quality assurance and test processes
- Troubleshoot and analyse issues and suggest viable workarounds, where possible
- Liaising with the Development & Project teams to ensure adherence to quality during the development process
- Assist with planning and managing the team workload, including providing work estimates, and delivering to these estimates
- Mentoring of less experienced staff where appropriate e.g. development & test best practices, peer review of test definitions and test code.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision, relied upon for critical tasks and accept leadership roles when called upon to do so.
- Provide detailed planning and tracking information to Scrum Masters, Development leads and Project management
- Promote and live the FINEOS values and increase positive relations with team, customers, prospects and partners.
- Minimum of 5+ years post qualification experience in a development/test automation role with exposure to the full SDLC, preferably on enterprise scale systems
- Experience working with Selenium, Java, JUnit, TestNG, Spock
- Experience working with Continuous Integration, and build automation tools such as Jenkins, Gradle
- Experience working with and deploying to Application servers
- Experience working with Databases and SQL
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Committed to creating readable, reliable, reusable and maintainable test code and come up to speed quickly on new technologies
- A relevant third level qualification or equivalent commercial experience
- Fluency in verbal and written English essential
- Proven excellent technical problem-solving capabilities
- Experience working within an Agile environment highly desirable.
- Experience with JAVA development skills including J2EE technologies such as:
- Development Tools: Eclipse, Junit, Jenkins, Apache Ant, Gradle
- Exposure to testing SOAP/REST endpoints with SoapUI, Postman
- Exposure to deploying applications on Java EE applications servers (JBoss, Websphere, Weblogic or Tomcat)
- Exposure to code analysis such as Sonar, PMD/Findbugs would be an advantage
- IT background in the insurance sector would be an advantage
- Multi-platform skills (Linux/Unix/Windows) would be an advantage
- Experience/exposure to AWS or other Cloud technologies desirable