Application Support Engineer
Application Support Engineer
Reporting into the Regional Operations Manager, the successful candidate will work as part of the FINEOS Customer Support team, helping ensure designated FINEOS customers continue to operate with minimal disruption, and problems are resolved to agreed service levels. You will be the first point of contact for several customers working with their production support team to ensure the speedy resolution with root cause analysis and fixes being provided where appropriate to meet the agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
This is an application support engineer role, and should not be confused with technical/systems administration support or a pure helpdesk role. This is a Support Representative role with a strong emphasis on soft skills, communication abilities and problem solving. The role will have responsibility for progression and management of customer requests relating to the FINEOS solution and FINEOS Cloud Infrastructure. A sound knowledge of the customer’s Insurance Claims and Absence Claims solution will need to be attained as well as their Java solution.
The successful candidate will work closely with our customer’s support and technical resources, the FINEOS Operations and Deployment Engineers, and various other internal FINEOS departments to provide 24x7 support for the customer
Customer Communication and Management 33%
- Excellent customer management skills including ability to liaise with customer senior management on quality measures and Key Performance Indicators
- Engage with customers in communicating issue status and plan for resolution. Ensure all communications are well considered.
- Provide specific customer reports as requested.
- Responsible for problem management, problem reporting and customer escalations.
- Set expectations with customers relating to the Service and possible associated commercials.
- Monitor patterns relating to customer release quality and cost with respective Customer Account Managers.
- Provide out of hours support for bank holidays and weekends when requested.
- Contribute to ongoing process improvement within the Customer Support department.
Problem Solving 33%
- Customer Requests management - ensuring Requests are investigated (and reproduced where possible), monitored and progressed appropriately. Involves liaising with external customer support and technical functions as well as internal FINEOS personnel – Operations Engineers and Deployment Engineers.
- Ensure that customer problems are managed and brought to resolution in accordance with SLAs.
- Carry out trend analysis for all customer SRs to help proactively highlight gaps in customer capabilities and solutions.
- Maintain a strong level of knowledge of the FINEOS product suite and FINEOS Cloud Architecture to aid the support process and for SR resolution.
Technical Activities 33%
- Ability to understand and use technologies involved in customer solutions to increase problem solving capability and be an effective intermediary between the customer and internal FINEOS staff on technical problems.
- Attain a good understanding of customer systems and integrations to aid with triage and problem resolution in production.
- Deploy FINEOS solutions in-house and onsite
- Navigate and understand the FINEOS Cloud infrastructure
- Understanding and manipulating the data model at a database level to provide root cause analysis.
- Excellent customer management / communication skills essential.
- Experience in the Insurance domain.
- Proactive with positive and mature work attitude.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- A strong decision making and prioritization skillset, with ability to operate effectively under pressure in dealing with multiple customers.
- Ability to learn and up-skill quickly on customer solutions (Insurance Claims Management).
- Strong appreciation of customer business impact due to application problems.
- Understanding of the software maintenance release lifecycle.
- ITIL Certification would be an advantage.
- AWS Certification would be an advantage.
- Strong analysis, design & solutioning skills
- Proven complex technical problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of specific technologies is ideal:
Java, including JEE technologies such as JSP, JDBC, JNDI
Application servers: Websphere, Weblogic, Tomcat, JBOSS
Databases: DB2, Oracle, SQL Server
AWS: CloudFormation, EC2, S3, EMR, ECS, ECR, CodeDeploy, Autoscale, Cloudwatch.
Development Tools: Apache Ant, Maven, JUnit, Eclipse, Subversion, Jenkins
Integration: technologies such as SOAP, REST and WS-* standards