DevOps Engineer - Automation
DevOps Engineer - Automation
As part of the FINEOS DevOps team, the DevOps Engineer will be primarily responsible for automation engineering, configuration, optimization, documentation and support of the infrastructure components of FINEOS Cloud as well as internal automation support to the FINEOS Product Engineering teams.
You will need to demonstrate significant DevOps engineering experience (including build automation and release engineering). This will include proven experience in automation, configuration management, continuous integration and release engineering tools (Ansible, Gradle, Jenkins, Docker, Subversion, GIT, Ant, Ivy, and Cloud Formation) as well as strong knowledge of cloud technologies (AWS, Azure).
The DevOps Engineer will work closely with product engineering, professional services, enterprise architecture, and security teams and will be responsible for design, planning, documenting, implementing, administering and optimizing the automation infrastructure. The engineer will also participate in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure efficiency and maintenance is consistent with FINEOS standards, industry best practices, and security and regulatory requirements.
Key success criteria for this role will be the ability to align infrastructure as per company standards and security requirements with repeatable, automated processes to provide world class customer service to FINEOS Cloud hosted clients and internal teams.
- Design and architect solutions for internal and existing client facing hosted applications as they are moved into cloud environments such as AWS.
- Research and recommend innovative and automated approaches for system administration and DevOps tasks.
- Design and engineer reusable solutions for rote tasks.
- Anticipate, identify, mitigate, and resolve issues relating to client facing infrastructure.
- Monitor, analyze, and predict trends for system performance, capacity, efficiency, and reliability and recommend enhancements to better meet client SLAs and standards.
- Deploy and decommission client environments hosted applications following and updating as needed established processes and procedures.
- Practice configuration management, including maintenance of component inventory and related documentation per FINEOS policies and procedures.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of the systems and applications, including review system and application logs and verifying the completion of schedule jobs.
- Verify data protection and disaster recovery capabilities through regular service restore tests in accordance to security requirements.
- Remain informed on regional laws, trends and issues, including current and emerging technologies and best practices, ensuring this knowledge is communicated and shared with the team and managers as appropriate.
- Provide technical skillsets for DevOps related projects and be involved in technical planning and / or execution activities.
- Participate in the team discussions to analyze, discuss and conform to all technical roadmaps, policies and plans.
- Minimum of 5+ years post qualification experience in a software engineering role with exposure to the full SDLC, preferably on enterprise scale systems
- Infrastructure-as-code experience (CloudFormation, Terraform, Boto)
- Strong background in Continuous Integration, and build automation tools such as but not limited to Ansible, Gradle, Jenkins, Subversion, GIT, Ant, Ivy, and Cloud Formation as well as virtualization and containerization technologies (Docker)
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Strong experience in a technically challenging development role
- Multi-platform skills (Linux/Unix/Windows)
- Exposure to deploying applications on Java EE applications servers (JBoss, Websphere, Weblogic or Tomcat)
- Committed to creating readable, reliable and maintainable code and come up to speed quickly on new technologies
- A relevant third level qualification or equivalent commercial experience
- Fluency in verbal and written English essential
- Proven excellent technical problem-solving capabilities
Desired Skills / Experience:
- Configuration Management experience (Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- AWS experience (Lambda, API Gateway, VPC Networking, EC2, ELB)
- Familiarity & Understanding of Networking concepts like Routing, SNMP, Web Application Firewalls, Load Balancing, and VPN
- Operations role experience (Sys Admin, Sys Engineer, IT Support)
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer OR Solution Architect OR SysOps Administrator desired but not required