About the role:
The Cloud Operations function is concerned with all aspects of operations management of the FINEOS Cloud for our customers’ pre-production and production environments. This includes uptime, deployment, administration and technology selection. We have an opening for a Cloud Engineer within the Cloud Operations team.
The successful candidate will be part of a global team responsible for project delivery and responding to our daily challenges. Key characteristics we are looking for; strong troubleshooting skills, AWS technical knowledge and excellent communication skills. This role generally works a standard business week (NA business hours), but occasional weekend work / out of hours may be required.
Summary Job Description/responsibilities
- The Cloud Engineer will be responsible for the oversight and management of FINEOS's Customer facing applications, servers, and network 24x7 within their development environments.
- Issue Management & Troubleshooting through second level responder to the monitoring alerts
- Proactively managing the environments to avoid incidents using the monitoring tools and alerts.
- Working with multidisciplinary project teams to deliver the customer solution.
Skills and requirements
- Ability to own and drive Project related issues to resolution working with the Project & Customers technical teams.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills for incident and problem management as well as stakeholder management (FINEOS Engineers, Devops and Customer)
- Work well in a distributed, fast paced and dynamic team environment.
- Strong commitment to great customer service
- 6+ years of experience providing system support in a technical environment working with customers, with special focus in system performance and stability.
- Proven technical background in web applications and applications system performance
- Familiarity with AWS; Web Applications; Networking fundamentals, Unix; Scripting Language;
- Familiarity with the FINEOS Suite and its component parts.
- / M.Sc. Computer Science / Information Systems / IT Operations Management
- AWS Certified Solution Architect, SysOps Administrator, OR AWS Certified Engineer - DevOps
Detailed Job Description/responsibilities
- Recommend and implement changes to the Project environment that improve the stability, performance and security of the FINEOS Cloud platform ensuring uptime and availability for FINEOS solutions to meet the necessary SLAs.
- Driving technical excellence and improvement across the organization as well as across offerings, participate in projects and initiatives to improve processes and drive efficiency gains (for example in areas of automation; system integrity; infrastructure costs).
- Enforcing the appropriate security compliance in Project environments as agreed with the FINEOS Information Security Council.
- Problem, Incident Management & Troubleshooting.
- Collaborating with Project teams and Customer teams to resolve complex issues that span application and cloud infrastructure.
- Monitoring and responding to alerts that are generated on the components of our infrastructure and systems, including investigating for root cause, and troubleshooting errors/ issues.
- Work directly with projects, customers, operations and development to research, troubleshoot, and resolve performance issues in a timely manner.
Detailed Skills and requirements
- 6+ years of experience providing system support in a technical environment working with projects / customers, with special focus in troubleshooting and issue resolution.
- Experience working with web applications, scripting languages, network technologies, and/or relational databases (Oracle, Postgres, Apache, Tomcat, OpenSSL).
- Strong knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture, Web services and distributed systems.
- Familiarity & Understanding of AWS public and private cloud architecture
- Familiarity & Understanding of Networking concepts like Routing, SNMP, Web Application Firewalls, Load Balancing, and VPN
- Strong knowledge of AWS networking and architecture
- Strong knowledge of networking fundamentals, and common Internet protocols, in-depth knowledge of the TCP/IP Stack DNS, SMTP and ability to troubleshoot issues.
- Familiarity & Understanding of Oracle databases
- Ability to automate repeatable tasks via scripting using tools such as Chef or Puppet
- Familiarity & Understanding of Unix operating systems and command line with ability to administer common Unix services (HTTPD, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, LDAP)