This role requires solid technical aptitude, excellent writing and editing skills, familiarity with industry-standard writing tools, and the ability to complete projects with minimal supervision and to schedule. The candidate will form part of a Documentation Team that reports to a Documentation Manager and liaises with product experts for information.
FINEOS is a fast growing company, a global leader in insurance software that offers a dynamic environment where creativity and innovation are highly regarded.
In the Position, You Will
- Work on a wide variety of documentation, including developer guides, online help, technology platform documentation, Cloud/SaaS documents, and product release collateral.
- Understand technical design documents and use them as source material for documentation projects. Identify audiences for content and anticipate the questions and needs to be addressed by the content.
- Work in an agile environment, where you contribute directly and assist others in delivering high quality documentation to a wide audience of end users and internal and external engineering staff.
- Work with engineers, product managers, and architects to write technology platform and API documentation. Edit, review, and restructure documentation written by developers, architects, and other subject matter experts.
- Create graphics, videos, and other visuals as part of documentation deliverables.
- Estimate the effort required to produce new and update existing documents.
- Meet the project milestones and deadlines set by the Documentation Manager.
- Conform to writing guidelines and documentation standards and practices set by the Documentation Team.
- Collaborate with team members to refine and develop team best practice.
- Participate in documentation improvement initiatives.
Required skills and experience:
- Minimum 3 years’ technical writing experience in an enterprise software environment.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in English, Technical Writing, Communications, Computer Science (or equivalent professional or academic training).
- Excellent English writing and editing skills.
- Ability to present technical concepts in a clear way.
- Experience with AsciiDoc and XML-based publishing systems.
- Ability to create and maintain sample code fragments and API documentation.
- Keen interest in developer documentation best practices and latest documentation tools.
- Proactive and skilled at extracting information from a variety of subject matter experts, including other writers, developers, architects, and analysts.
Hear our CEO discuss FINEOS - http://youtu.be/bo6wsdvs5MA
People work at FINEOS because they enjoy it. They enjoy making excellent software products. They enjoy contributing their own ideas because they are heard. They enjoy working with peers who challenge them, support them and inspire them.
If you work at FINEOS you can challenge, support and inspire your FINEOS colleagues. You can participate in our success so that it becomes your success.
At FINEOS we live our core values. Click here to learn more.
FINEOS is an equal opportunities employer