Cloud Operations Engineer
Cloud Operations Engineer - NA
What you’ll be doing...
Join our Cloud Operations team where you will help support a rapidly evolving portfolio of advanced technologies. Using your functional expertise to act as an advisor to management and make recommendations on more complex projects. You will use professional service policies & procedures to triage and solve a wide range of technical challenges creatively and practically.
The operations team is responsible for deployment, monitoring, and support of applications and services in Amazon Web Services (AWS). You will bring experience with DevOps methodologies. Working directly with application developers and client support representatives, you will be responsible for maintaining service integrity. You will be advising on the development and implementation of a rapidly evolving service portfolio. With a focus on deployment and orchestration of enterprise Java applications. All applications and infrastructure hosted on AWS.
You will be required to develop support automation tooling and platforms using your deep technical expertise of networking and operating systems. You will be asked to diagnose complex interconnected services, perform auditing, and analyze performance metrics. You will a key member of a global operations team with the ability to take ownership of tasks.
Essential Functions of the role:
- Efficient cross-functional leadership skills working with engineering and support teams to ensure systems are secure and available.
- Strong operational experience in an enterprise setting.
- Infrastructure operations of a complex enterprise application portfolio hosted on AWS.
- Experience performing diagnostic, performance, and systems administration.
- Auditing the effectiveness and impact to service readiness of configuration management changes.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Associate’s Degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Hands-on experience with the administration of commercial web services, PaaS, SaaS, or IaaS.
- Experience with relational database: data administration and data support operations.
- Experience with Linux enterprise application support.
- Experience providing enterprise production operations support and 24/7 support.
- A sense of pride and ownership towards service delivery.
Bonus points for:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies: Cloud Formation, EC2, S3, EMR, ECS, ECR, CodeDeploy, Autoscale, Cloudwatch.
- Experience managing applications deployed within containers.
- Experience with JIRA, Jenkins, Ansible, Python, BASH.
- Java based enterprise application support experience.
- Experience providing production operations 24/7 support and incident response.
- Experience in the design and monitoring of highly available systems.
- Understanding of protocols/technologies like SOAP, HTTPS, LDAP, JDBC, SQL, SSH, XML.
- Successful track record of providing production support for redundant systems.
- Experience in automation
- Teamwork & collaboration skills to work across organizations and lead cross-functional teams.
- Problem solving skills to develop quick and sound solutions to resolve complex issues.
- Being exceedingly clever with humility.