Why work with us?
FINEOS is a global market leader in core insurance technology for Disability, Life, Accident and Health. Our Mission is to be the global market leader of group and individual insurance technology on a single software platform.
We help our customers care for the people they serve through the delivery of superior insurance technology. Our enterprise products are built using Java technology stack and are available in the Cloud.
What will you be doing?
As System Analyst, you are involved in eliciting requirements for product development and designing solutions that enhance and expand our products, in line with customer, market and business needs. You will provide support to FINEOS teams on all product related matters, producing high quality, on-budget, fit for purpose FINEOS solution designs. This role requires that you work with a commercial and customer focus, and continually improve product and market knowledge to enable us to meet customer and market requirements.
Your key activities are as follows:
- Understand, analyse and challenge customer and market requirements and business value, identifying matches to the existing FINEOS core product functionality or product gaps.
- Engage early with our business sponsors to understand the business value for product enhancements, contributing to the understanding and definition of high level requirements through research, analysis, spikes or exploration activities.
- Produce high quality artefacts for proposed solutions to meet customer and market requirements, including screen mock-ups, scenarios, use cases, user stories, etc. with associated estimates for delivery of work.
- Work in a Scrum team (with Product Owner, Lead Engineers, Software Engineers and Software Testers), in Agile (SAFe) manner, to provide software design capability required to deliver high quality, on-budget, fit for purpose solution designs which meet customer and market business needs.
- Work with your Scrum team to identify technical requirements as the basis for construction, including data modelling, functional changes and underlying updates to FINEOS product.
- Ensure that business, market and architectural needs are understood by your team and that the team can deliver business value and meet its delivery goals.
- Support FINEOS teams in a Subject Matter Expert (SME) capacity on issues that require FINEOS Product suite expertise.
We are team players, value collaboration, honest and constructive feedback and “let’s do it” attitude. We would like you to bring more of that to us.
What do we expect from you?
- Minimum 6 years of experience in the software industry, with at least 4 years of experience in an Analysis and\or client facing role.
- The ability to translate complex business requirements to technical solutions is critical to this role.
- Knowledge of Structured Analysis and Design methods, e.g. Object-Oriented analysis and design.
- Experience in modelling complex data using OO Analysis and Design (OOAD) & notation (UML).
- Experience in requirements management, from upfront requirements gathering & facilitation to clarification and traceability of requirements.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to drive solutions and influence decision making.
- The ability to manage risks and issues is critical to this role.
- Scope Management is critical to this role.
- Knowledge & understanding of the Insurance or Financial Services industry a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of Agile methodologies desirable but not essential.
- IT Skills:
- Data modelling, prototyping and process tracking tools, e.g. Visual Paradigm, Balsamiq, MS Visio, Jira, etc.
- Experience in software development or software testing will be an advantage (preferably in web applications and Java).
- Knowledge of SQL and experience of database platforms such as SQL Server, DB2, Oracle, etc. an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of Cloud computing, AWS, will be a plus.
- Degree in an IT related discipline is desirable.
- Work in multinational environment, with great team of professionals on building FINEOS software platform for life, accident and health insurance
- Support in building professional skills through internal and external training
- Possibility to arrange for your start of working day in accordance with team work schedule
- Possibility to arrange for work from home occasionally (business laptop, VPN)
- Convenient office location, close to almost everywhere in TriCity - Gdansk Wrzeszcz, Garnizon
- Opportunities to travel and work in other locations
- Benefits (private healthcare, English lessons, lunch card among others)
What is the process?
Step 1: You send us your job application and our Recruitment representative will contact you to discuss our offer. We will contact selected candidates.
Step 2: You will be invited to interview covering business requirement analysis first. This will be remote call (audio or video) conducted in English. You will meet with senior member of our Analysts Team to talk about your experience and skills in this area.
Step 3: You will be invited to an interview (on-site or remote video call) covering solution design and technical skills. You will meet with representatives from our Team and Hiring Manager to talk about solution design and software development process, your experience and technical skills in this area.
Step 4: Our Recruitment representative will contact you to discuss contract details.
Step 5: Our HR will be happy to send you your contract to sign.
Congratulations, welcome to FINEOS!
FINEOS is equal opportunities company.