Senior Software Engineer (Java)
Why work with us?
FINEOS is a global market leader in core insurance technology for Disability, Life, Accident and Health. Our Mission is to be the global market leader of group and individual insurance technology on a single software platform.
We help our customers care for the people they serve through the delivery of superior insurance technology. Our enterprise products are built using Java technology stack and are available in the Cloud.
What will you be doing?
Senior Java Software Engineers in our Gdansk office build FINEOS products.
You will be working on Java development projects in Agile (SAFe) environment with team of professionals in our Gdansk office as well as distributed teams including Dublin and other sites globally. Your role will be crucial for the team to fully own, design, plan and deliver end-to-end product feature implementation. Our Senior Engineers deliver top quality solution, influence others, set the level for code craftsmanship and lead our development process improvements.
We are team players, value collaboration, honest and constructive feedback and “let’s do it” attitude. We would like you to bring more of that to us.
What do we expect from you?
FINEOS is looking for Senior Java Engineers with minimum 5 years of experience in delivering software product to customers. You will have:
- strong Java development experience
- experience working with Java Application Servers
- familiarity with JavaEE technologies and components (e.g. JSP, XML)
- SQL and RDBMS experience (Oracle, DB2 or MS SQL Server)
- hands-on experience with tools and libraries like: Docker, Guice, Mockito, Cucumber, JUnit, Jenkins, Sonar, Gradle
- experience working with AWS Services will be a plus
- exposure to Agile methodologies, coding best practices and ‘code quality first’ mindset
- very good communication skills in English
- Work in multinational environment, with great team of professionals on building FINEOS software platform for life, accident and health insurance
- Support in building professional skills through internal and external training
- Possibility to arrange for your start of working day in accordance with team work schedule
- Possibility to arrange for work from home occasionally (business laptop, VPN)
- Convenient office location, close to almost everywhere in TriCity - Gdansk Wrzeszcz, Garnizon
- Opportunities to travel and work in other locations
- Benefits (private healthcare, English lessons, lunch card among others)
What is the process?
Step 1: You send us your job application and our Recruitment representative will contact you to discuss our offer. We will contact selected candidates.
Step 2: You will be invited to an interview (on-site or remote video call). You will meet with representatives from our Team and Hiring Manager to talk about software development, your experience and technical skills, job details and all you’d like to know about us.
Step 3: Our Recruitment representative will contact you to discuss contract details.
Step 4: Our HR will be happy to send you your contract to sign. Congratulations, welcome to FINEOS!
FINEOS is equal opportunities company.