Build & Release Engineers
Build and Release Engineers.
What will you be doing?
As a Build and release engineer you will join our highly skilled Professional Services team, working on FINEOS AdminSuite implementation projects. As part of a project team, working in conjunction with our customer’s, you will create and maintain our build and deployment pipelines to facilitate continuous integration, continuous delivery and test automation of our product implementations of the core FINEOS AdminSuite product.
All our build and release engineers work closely and collaborate with other developers, testers, business and technical consultants and other cross functional team members from our DevOps and CloudOps teams, adhering to our standards and processes. Our implementation projects generally follow the principles of Agile methodologies, working primarily as part of either a FINEOS or a Customers implementation scrum team
What do we need?
FINEOS are looking for an experienced build and release engineer who has excellent continuous integration and delivery implementation skills. The successful candidate must have an aptitude for considering the bigger picture, the knowledge to consider all options, the innovation to select the best solution, and the determination to take the solution to completion, while maintaining a focus on delivering quality and value to the customer.
As part of this position we will be looking for excellent communication and estimation skills.
Why work in this team?
The role provides you the opportunity to further develop your build and release engineering skills within both Linux & Windows environments along with AWS cloud infrastructure, through working as a part of a engineering team committed to delivering excellent service for our customers around the globe. As part of an expanding company and Agile development organisation there will be significant opportunities to further your career.
- Support and maintain build and deployment pipelines to facilitate continuous integration, continuous delivery and test automation of product implementations.
- Own, manage and improve our release process. Focus on scale, efficiency, and quality.
- Support regular cadence of promotion of solution builds/releases, upgrades and hotfixes for variety of customers
- Work directly with engineering, product and project teams to ensure all release schedules stay coordinated and on time.
- Triage and troubleshoot issues relating to CI and CD pipelines.
- Collaborate with and educate engineers on proper use of build and source control systems.
- At least 5 years’ experience in software engineering, release engineering, and/or configuration management.
- Strong familiarity with software configuration management systems and/or source code version control systems, SVN, Git.
- Experience with the build, deployment and automated test pipelines of Web application and services/API development.
- Experience with Jenkins, Gradle, Maven.
- Experience with Nexus/Artifactory or other Artifact repositories
- Experience with Continuous code inspection tools, eg configuring SonaQube, running static analysis tools such as PMD, Checkstyle, Findbugs, OWASP / SANS Security reports into CI pipelines.
- Experience with cloud technologies and architecture, ideally AWS.
- Java Experience highly desired.
- Skill with one or more scripting languages, highly desired.
- Experience with configuration deployment tools like Ansible/Salt/terraform/puppet.
- Experience in Oracle dB and SQL
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Familiarity with agile development processes.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, or similar.