Why work with us?
FINEOS is a global market leader in core insurance technology for Disability, Life, Accident and Health. Our Mission is to be the global market leader of group and individual insurance technology on a single software platform.
We help our customers care for the people they serve through the delivery of superior insurance technology. Our enterprise products are built using Java technology stack and are available in the Cloud.
What will you be doing?
You will design and build FINEOS products.
Your role will be solution design, translating business requirements and terms into product design and technical concepts. You will engage in active development to deliver those solutions, as well.
As Lead Engineer, you will be a member of one of our Scrum teams. You will be working closely with Product Owner, Analyst and Architect for that and your role will be crucial for the team to fully own, design, plan and deliver end-to-end feature implementation. Your key areas of engagement will be:
- Involvement in pre-planning to line up features that are in a state of readiness to be broken into User Stories that provide business value and map into product design.
- Identify matches to existing product functionality and identify application gaps.
- Produce solution design with relevant documents to support a strong implementation. This may include wireframes, data models and diagrams (UML)
- Engage in ongoing development and provide guidance on design and implementation
- Create designs and support testing that is focused on achieving acceptance criteria of features/stories as part of the sprint and release cycles
- Provide and enhance product documentation to support future support, extension and usage
We are team players, value collaboration, honest and constructive feedback and “let’s do it” attitude. We would like you to bring more of that to us.
What do we expect from you?
- Minimum 5 years Java development experience
- Experience working with a range of technologies, components and tools such as:
- JavaEE (e.g. JSP, XML)
- Java Application Servers
- Databases (DB2, Oracle or MS SQL Server)
- Development Tools: Docker, Guice, Mockito, Cucumber, JUnit, Jenkins, Sonar, Gradle
- Middleware and integration technologies, e.g. SOAP, SOA
- Knowledge of AWS Services will be a plus
- Ability to translate business requirements to technical specification is essential to this role.
- Experience in modelling complex data in a structured and flexible manner using OO Analysis and Design (OOAD) & notation (UML).
- Good process analysis and mapping skills.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluency in verbal and written English
- Knowledge & understanding of the insurance industry would be a distinct advantage
- Work in multinational environment, with great team of professionals on building FINEOS software platform for life, accident and health insurance
- Support in building professional skills through internal and external training
- Possibility to arrange for your start of working day in accordance with team work schedule
- Possibility to arrange for work from home occasionally (business laptop, VPN)
- Convenient office location, close to almost everywhere in TriCity - Gdansk Wrzeszcz, Garnizon
- Opportunities to travel and work in other locations
- Benefits (private healthcare, English lessons, lunch card among others)
What is the process?
Step 1: You send us your job application and our Recruitment representative will contact you to discuss our offer. We will contact selected candidates.
Step 2: You will be invited to interview covering business requirement analysis first.
This will be remote call (audio or video) conducted in English. You will meet with member of our Business Analysts Team to talk about your experience and skills in this area.
Step 3: You will be invited to an interview (on-site or remote video call) covering solution design and development skills. You will meet with representatives from our Team and Hiring Manager to talk about software development, your experience and technical skills.
Step 4: Our Recruitment representative will contact you to discuss contract details.
Step 5: Our HR will be happy to send you your contract to sign. Congratulations, welcome to FINEOS!
FINEOS is equal opportunities company.