Senior Manager, Salesforce Administration
SENIOR MANAGER, SALESFORCE ADMINISTRATION
WHO WE ARE
FinancialForce delivers the #1 professional services automation (PSA) and the only customer-centric ERP solution. We accelerate business value with comprehensive best practices and the most intelligent analytics—all on the leading business cloud platform from Salesforce.
FinancialForce knows that each individual brings something special to the team, exemplifying a diverse and inclusive work environment. We embrace your authenticity and encourage our employees to “Bring Yourself” to work every day!
The Senior Manager, Salesforce Administration leads a team of Salesforce Professionals, responsible for development and operation of FinancialForce’s business systems on Salesforce called Customer1.
You will be working with our Business Architect, Scrum manager and internal Project Managers to achieve successful business outcomes. You will own the technical implementation, development operations and best practices on the Salesforce platform. You will be expected to have deep technical and domain expertise and to directly contribute to the technical approaches and development of features that deliver value to our internal customers.
FinancialForce ERP products are built native on Salesforce, and we run our business on a combination of FinancialForce and Salesforce products, and want to be a best in class customer, adopting and showcasing the full breadth of the offering. Our adoption acts as a reference and blueprint for customer implementations and happens in close collaboration with our product and success teams, as well as Salesforce. The best practices range from business processes all the way to technical architecture decisions and you will be expected to define and adopt these best practices, based on latest innovation from Salesforce and the User Group community.
Customer1 is highly strategic to FinancialForce, so driving strong processes compliance and governance in the team and business interactions, to ensure business continuity, security and compliance is of highest importance. You will be responsible for managing a set of controls that are critical to FinancialForce.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE
- Drive development and admin work on projects and enhancements, in collaboration with subject matter experts, in an agile work environment, adhering to agreed timelines and with high quality
- Daily management of Customer1 team, coaching, mentoring and development of Salesforce skills as well as development of career paths
- Setting clear direction with the team, driving them to achieve ambitious goals, taking lead or delegating tasks as needed
- Manage and resolve multiple priorities, potential escalations and/or incidents in a timely manner
- Own the Customer1 helpdesk, ensuring that end users get their issues resolved in a timely manner, while driving root cause identification to reduce incoming demand
- Own our Salesforce instance implementation and be accountable for adhering to and further developing compliance measures (SOC2 Type II), Policies, technical architecture and best practices
- Handle operational or security incidents with sense of urgency, while keeping a focus on following established processes and identifying root causes as needed
- Maintain a strong connection to Salesforce and the community, learn, enhance and implement best practices within Salesforce administration and development
- Drive efficient working practices in the team, to maximize efficiency and quality
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
- 7+ years’ experience working with Salesforce technology in a complex environment, delivering high throughput at high quality - either in an admin or development capacity
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of Salesforce professionals, using agile methodologies, fostering a collaborative work environment
- Experience in setting up or operating within efficient development operations, driving strong processes and keeping team accountable for process compliance
- Experience with incident response from an operational standpoint (security or performance)
- Strong working knowledge of internal application management processes, incl. Testing, CI/CD, Source code control, Release management, Configuration and Change Management, Compliance and Security
- Demonstrates ability to use the Salesforce platform to solve problems and has a clear understanding of how Salesforce integrates with other systems
- Structured and methodical approach to getting things done
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to clearly communicate with senior stakeholders on projects and issues
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to be flexible in a fast paced work environment while managing conflicting priorities
- Ability to stay calm and focused under pressure
- Highly motivated self-starter, with a bias for action and getting things done, while continuously improving our operations and challenging the team to do better
- Experience managing a geographically dispersed team preferred
- Multiple Salesforce certifications including advanced certifications such as Salesforce Certified Technical Architect preferred
- Ability to read and write APEX code preferred
- Broad exposure and network in the Salesforce ecosystem preferred
- Proficiency in Google Suite (Gmail, Google calendar, docs, sheets, slides) preferred
As an equal opportunity employer, FinancialForce does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If, and as required by the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or any other applicable federal, state, or local law, FinancialForce considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment. FinancialForce also has an accommodation process to reasonably accommodate applicants and employees with disabilities. For more information or if you have a need, contact EmployeeSuccess@FinancialForce.com.