Deal Desk Analyst
Deal Desk Analyst
San Francisco, CA
WHO WE ARE
FinancialForce delivers the #1 professional services automation (PSA) and the only customer-centric ERP solution. We accelerate business value with comprehensive best practices and the most intelligent analytics—all on the leading business cloud platform from Salesforce.
FinancialForce knows that each individual brings something special to the team, exemplifying a diverse and inclusive work environment. We embrace your authenticity and encourage our employees to “Bring Yourself” to work every day!
Become a key contributor in FinancialForce's Deal Desk Team assisting with accurately tracking Opportunity data, calculating pricing options and supporting the company to ensure the Quote-to-Order process is efficient and effective. Ideal candidate will have the ability to work across multiple departments as a trusted advisor and partner with Sales, CSMs, Legal, Finance, and SalesOps.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE
- Provide global Sales support in everyday FinancialForce business practices
- Manage opportunities in Salesforce CRM to ensure all Net New, Cross Sell & Add-on data is accurately captured in a timely manner
- Audit SOs, SOWs, and corresponding quote/opportunity information to ensure documentation is compliant with finance audit rules prior to submission for customer signature
- Provide creative deal options to Sales/CSM teams throughout negotiation process to help move the deal to a final Close
- Help increase the efficiency and effectiveness of our current Quote-to-Order processes
- Prepare intuitive Renewal Reports/ Dashboards that provide an insight into deal metrics
- Prepare and maintain existing documentation around the Deal Desk’s internal and external processes
- Identify areas we can add value for the Sales organization and improve the engagement model with sales reps and sales leadership
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
- A minimum of two years' experience in Deal Desk, Financial Operations, Sales Operations, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Comfortable partnering and engaging with cross-functional teams to ensure satisfactory customer renewals while delivering best possible renewal terms for FinancialForce
- Ability to organize, prioritize, complete activities and meet deadlines for a high volume of renewal transactions
- Requires the ability to acquire an understanding of the general functions of other divisions and their role in assisting with renewals
- Ability to proactively analyze and recommend the best course of action for complex pricing and licensing situations within a renewals cycle
- Knowledge of SFDC
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong oral and written communication skills
As an equal opportunity employer, FinancialForce does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If, and as required by the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or any other applicable federal, state, or local law, FinancialForce considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment. FinancialForce also has an accommodation process to reasonably accommodate applicants and employees with disabilities. For more information or if you have a need, contact EmployeeSuccess@FinancialForce.com.