Join the FHLBC team!
At the Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago, employees come first. That’s why we offer a highly competitive compensation and bonus package, and access to a comprehensive benefits program designed to meet the needs of our employees.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement program (401k and Pension)
- Generous PTO plan
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Work from home options
- Casual dress code
Responsible for system support and troubleshooting, user acceptance testing, building staff systems competency, and prioritizing fixes and enhancements to determine maintenance releases. Analyze business process functions to organize and document system requirements and assess system impact to production processes. Coordinate and support operational functionality of Enterprise Risk systems, and assist with the development and maintenance of program procedures and user guides. Represent the Governance Risk and Compliance areas in governance working groups. Provide work flow support, reconciliations, reporting and general administration, as needed. May interact with Bank senior management and Board of Directors.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as a key contributor and decision-maker toward system changes.
- Define and document requirements by working closely in a liaison role with BA and technical development/support teams.
- Strategize on system enhancements and/or software selection.
- Expected to quickly become subject matter expert on Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) systems, data and reporting.
- Provide short-term solutions for system short falls.
- Suggest and implement improvements to ERM process’ and reports.
- Proposes enhancements to maximize work flow efficiencies
- Provide systems support and assist in training staff on the use of department data systems
- Bachelor degree in business administration, finance, or risk management. Post-graduate education may substitute for work experience.
- 3-5 years systems experience
- 5 years experience in business operations
- MS Office (strong Excel and Access a plus)
- MetricStream experience a plus
- Service Now experience a plus
- General familiarity with a work environment that supports and encourages defined guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Word, Tableau, Access, and basic database concepts
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and applications
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required. Must be able to analyze, interpret, apply, and communicate functional business requirements and processes effectively.
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and all levels of internal and external customers and stakeholders.
- Must be able to multitask and shift priorities, as required, and work effectively under pressure, either independently or as a member of a team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Project management skills a plus.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and thorough.