Long Term Internship
Long-Term Internship –Financial Information Group (FIG) – Risk and Control
Ideal candidates will be a 2021 - 2022 graduate attending school within the metro Chicago area to allow flexibility to commute to our downtown Chicago office.
An internship with The Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago is not like your average internship. We can offer you a dynamic, collaborative and team-focused environment you won’t find anywhere else. You will be engaged in projects that will provide you with real world, hands-on experience in the exciting world of financial services.
We are currently seeking an intern to work in our Financial Information Group (FIG) – Risk and Control department. Successful individuals should be following an academic track in finance, accounting, or other business discipline. Individuals should also be proficient in Microsoft products, especially Excel skills.
Who are we?
We are a federally chartered corporation and one of 11 Federal Home Loan Banks (FHLBanks) that, with the Office of Finance, comprise the Federal Home Loan Bank System. The FHLBanks were chartered by Congress under the Federal Home Loan Bank Act of 1932 to improve the availability of funds to support home ownership. Each FHLBank is cooperatively owned by member financial institutions in its district and operated as a separate entity with its own management, employees, and board of directors. Our district consists of the states of Illinois and Wisconsin. We are regulated by the Federal Housing Finance Agency, an independent federal agency.
This is a unique opportunity to work at a diverse financial institution. You will assist with projects that include report generation, financial analysis, and internal meeting presentation, etc. Cross departmental interaction (both in person and electronic) is an integral part of the intern’s responsibilities and activities and will involve the following:
- Facilitate the communication requests and receipt of a variety of information from the FIG employees.
- Assist a FIG Risk and Control staff member in preparing meeting agenda and presentation material packages for internal Committee meetings.
- Learning about and understanding our FIG internal audits and regulatory examinations.
- Collaborate with others in creating presentations in PowerPoint for various internal meetings.
- Assisting with administrative functions, document versioning and retention, various assignments and ad hoc requests as appropriate.
- Supporting the group’s activities to promote and maintain internal and external customer expectations.
- Applicants should be enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited institution.
- Should have a GPA of at least 3.0 and be in good academic standing.
- Desired fields of study include Finance, Accounting or other Business discipline.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- The start/end date and work hours may be flexible based on school schedule - typical long term interns will work a 20-25 hour week during the school year, and a full schedule (37.5 hour week) on breaks and during the summer.