Sr. Quality Control Analyst
CANDIDATES MUST BE ABLE TO WORK AT OUR LOCATION IN DOWNTOWN CHICAGO
Join the FHLBC team!
At the Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago, employees come first - that’s why we offer a highly competitive compensation and bonus package, and access to a comprehensive benefits program designed to meet the needs of our employees.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement program (401k and Pension)
- Generous PTO plan
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Work from home options
- Casual dress code
With minimal supervision, conduct post closing quality control reviews of 1 to 4 family properties for compliance with underwriting guidelines and compliance with federal and state laws. Uses underwriting abilities to meet shared objectives within the MPF Program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review loan files to verify the accuracy and integrity of the loan file documentation used to support loan decision
- Review loans for compliance with program and investor specific guidelines
- Provide support to internal and external stakeholders
- Underwrite mortgage files which includes review of, but not limited to, calculation of all income types, calculation of LTV/TLTV/CLTV, determination of property types, credit review and asset documentation
- Review of credit documents to assure compliance with laws
- Ability to train processors and QC Analysts on underwriting guidelines.
- Ability to build partnerships and work with others to meet shared objectives.
- Demonstrates familiarity with leading practices and risk frameworks.
- Uses underwriting abilities to determine the impact to the internal and external parties.
- Special projects or assignments as requested
- Five to seven years of experience in mortgage compliance, auditing, or originating 1 to 4 family properties. Investment property mortgage knowledge required. QC Servicing experience, a plus.
- Business, rental, partnership, and corporation income calculations required.
- Knowledge of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA/VA/HUD guidelines required.
- Bachelors degree in business field or corresponding 8-10 years underwriting experience.
- Mortgage industry certifications or credentials, a plus
- MS Office Products (Outlook, Excel and Word)
- Tableau and Access, a plus
- Enthusiastic self starter who works well with others
- Must be self-motivated, organized, and have excellent written and oral communication skills to clearly communicate any calculation, analysis or documentation deficiencies with various levels of stakeholders
- Excellent customer service skills are a requirement
- Strong time management skills with an ability to work efficiently towards deadlines
- Attention to detail
- High degree of professionalism, integrity and dependability is required