Sr. Analyst - Member Strategy & Solutions
Join the FHLBC team!
At the Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago, employees come first. That’s why we offer a highly competitive compensation and bonus package, and access to a comprehensive benefits program designed to meet the needs of our employees.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement program (401k and Pension)
- Generous PTO plan
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Work from home options
- Casual dress code
The Senior Analyst will assist the Strategy and Solutions team in the Members & Markets Group at FHLBC (Bank). Activities include analyzing and interpreting economic and financial market data, modeling and analyzing balance sheets of financial institutions, including banks, credit unions and insurance companies, and developing asset-liability product solutions and ideas. Also work closely with other members of the Sales, Strategy and Solutions, Balance Sheet Management, and the Mortgage Trading desk to assist in the creation of strategies for Bank members (clients) that use the Bank’s products and services.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in developing models, analytics, and tools to assist sales directors in sustaining and growing member usage across products lines (advances, MPF, LOCs, AHP, non-credit services)
- Build reporting tools to organize data into valuable information for the use of Sales and Solutions teams
- Work with Solutions Team to analyze member business problems and identify opportunities to offer solutions
- Assist in researching, compiling, analyzing, interpreting, and preparing data on economic and fixed-income/mortgage investment conditions in the U.S. with a focus on Illinois and Wisconsin
- Prepare reports detailing results of performed research
- Research banking data from sources such as the Federal Reserve, FDIC, OCC, SEC reports and SNL to produce timely reports for the awareness and education of Sales and Solutions staff as well as for member use
- Study financial institution business models and identify future/emerging trends
- Maintain and expand industry and product knowledge to be relevant and beneficial to members needs
- Obtain mortgage market pricing and competitive data to compare market executions
- Other Members and Markets projects as assigned
- 4-6 years of experience in a financial institution involving one or more of the following: market analysis, balance sheet modeling, mortgage/investment research, statistical modeling, financial engineering, computer programming, and/or risk modeling.
- Python programming
- Database experience/mapping and software such as MS Access, Tableau, SQL required
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Economics, or related field. Knowledge of financial engineering, risk modeling and computer programming a plus. CFA/Masters/PhD degrees a plus.
- Must have excellent communication (verbal, written, and listening) skills
- Strong quantitative, analytical and computer programming skills
- Ability to create and manipulate spreadsheets and data
- Requires ability to break down ideas/issues leading to solutions
- Ability to conduct research to uncover answers and provide solutions
- Organized and highly detail oriented
- Self-directed, yet strong orientation to be successful in groups