Internal Communications Manager
Join the FHLBC team!
At the Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago, employees come first - that’s why we offer a highly competitive compensation and bonus package, and access to a comprehensive benefits program designed to meet the needs of our employees.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement program (401k and Pension)
- Generous PTO plan
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Work from home options
- Casual dress code
The Internal Communications Manager contributes to the implementation of the Bank’s internal corporate communications plans targeting the Bank’s employees. This position is a highly visible role so a successful candidate must exhibit a high level of professionalism and be an ambassador of the Bank’s mission, vision, organizational values, and corporate brand.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the communications team on the execution of the strategic goals of the communications department
- Assist in the development and execution of a comprehensive internal communications plan for the Bank to drive employee engagement and meet the goals of the internal communications team
- Partner with and ensure alignment among internal business unit stakeholders to successfully execute each department’s employee-facing marketing communications initiatives
- Contribute content to the Bank’s intranet, digital message boards, and social media channels
- Create innovative campaigns to promote the activities of various internal departments
- Support the execution of quarterly all-employee meetings
- Create and support a diverse and inclusive frame of mind with all communications initiatives
- Help ensure corporate branding guidelines are followed across the organization
- Track and measure the effectiveness of messaging to inform future efforts and monitor progress
Required knowledge and skills:
- Demonstrated knowledge and execution of marketing communications plans
- Ability to develop relationships with key business unit stakeholders
- Highly organized with excellent project management skills
- Having a big picture point of view of opportunities and solving challenges
- Ability to take initiative, generate ideas, and deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communications skills with strong writing and content development skills
- Strong technical skill set; experience working with digital marketing communications tools a plus
- Social media acumen preferred
- Familiarity with AP Style
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Content management system and html email marketing program experience a plus
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite a plus (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
Required experience and education:
- 3-5 years related communications experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, or other business discipline from an accredited college or university
About the Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago:
The mission of the Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago (FHLBank Chicago) is to partner with our member shareholders in Illinois and Wisconsin to provide them competitively priced funding, a reasonable return on their investment in the Bank, and support for community investment activities.
A career with the FHLBank Chicago ensures that you’ll be part of a dynamic organization that encourages employees to get involved, give back, and engage with one another in a diverse and inclusive environment. Industry-leading benefits include a business-casual dress code, a downtown Chicago location steps away from Millennium Park, tuition and gym reimbursement, generous paid time off, both a 401(k) and a pension plan, and a short-term incentive plan.
To apply for this position please submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample or creative work example showcasing your communications experience.