Join the FHLBC team!
At the Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago, employees come first. That’s why we offer a highly competitive compensation and bonus package, and access to a comprehensive benefits program designed to meet the needs of our employees.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement program (401k and Pension)
- Generous PTO plan
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Work from home options
- Casual dress code
The Financial Analyst reports financial updates by preparing and analyzing the Bank’s general ledger, forecasts, and reports.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Research and analyzes financial data
- Periodic analysis of GL entries, financial performance to plan reporting
- Cost analysis
- Extensive research and reporting on industry comparisons
- Trend analysis reporting
- Assist in the month-end closing and distribution of monthly financial statements
- Complex management reports upon request
- Ad hoc analysis/ reporting as requested by the CFO
- Other duties as assigned
- 0 – 3 years experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- CFA/CPA (a plus)
- MS Access
- MS Excel
- MS Word
- MS PowerPoint
- Tableau (a plus)
- Knowledge of cost and financial accounting principles, practices and procedures.
- Understanding of principles and techniques used in conducting management studies, system analyses and financial analyses.
- Skilled in performing complex numerical calculations.
- Accuracy in preparing complex management reports on a timely basis.
- Use of statistical software products.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Highly analytical