Join the FHLBC team!
At the Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago, employees come first. That’s why we offer a highly competitive compensation and bonus package, and access to a comprehensive benefits program designed to meet the needs of our employees.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement program (401k and Pension)
- Generous PTO plan
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Work from home options
- Casual dress code
The Security Engineer contributes to the success of the Bank by building a safe and sound technology environment for business operations. This individual will apply their passion for security and technology to create secure, stable and easy to use solutions for Bank personnel and other customers. The team this role is a part of focuses on project work and includes experienced, passionate technology security professionals.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contribute to design and execute delivery for technologies that improve overall security posture or technology service delivery within the organization.
- Analyze requirements and apply knowledge of business needs and security risks to determine appropriate course of action.
- Develop security standards to ensure appropriate controls throughout the technology environment.
- Collaborate with different areas of IT in order to provide security and business technology solutions for the bank.
- Documentation of security policy, standard, procedure and design documents.
- 2-5 years of security or technology experience.
- 4 year college degree in information technology or equivalent experience.
- Security and technology certifications are highly preferred (CISSP, SANS GSEC, MCSE/MCITP).
- Experience in a Windows Server environment.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or similar IaaS preferred.
- Scripting/automation experience.
- Experience or interest in working in an agile/scrum format.
- Outstanding communication (verbal, written, visualization and listening) skills.
- Self-starter who can work independently as well as in a team setting.
- Giving and receiving effective feedback across all interactions.
- Ability to address conflict with peers and others in the organization.
- Interest in understanding customer perspective to aid in development of the right solution.
- Commitment to delivering quality solutions.
- Ability to communicate technical topics to a non-technical audience.
- Interest in understanding business needs to aid in developing solutions that are right for the broader organization.
- Interest in working on a broad range of IT projects (Security, IaaS, Automation, Network, VoIP, Database,).
- Knowledge of IT security controls.
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure.
- Working knowledge of technology best practices.
- Interest in DevSecOps and continuous security methods.