MPF Program Excellence Specialist
Join the FHLBC team!
At the Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago, employees come first. That’s why we offer a highly competitive compensation and bonus package, and access to a comprehensive benefits program designed to meet the needs of our employees.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement program (401k and Pension)
- Generous PTO plan
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Work from home options
- Casual dress code
This position will serve as a member of the MPF Program Excellence Team and will lead MPF’s transition to operational excellence. This position will help MPF assess the most effective ways to support the MPF Banks and Participating Financial Institutions. Additionally, this position will assist staff in redesigning processes and identifying supporting technology to do so.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in developing a definition of MPF program excellence and applying an operational excellence lens to all aspects of MPF.
- Serve as part of a team, and work in partnership with business units to identify inefficient processes requiring process re-design and help embed such practices in the business units.
- Assist the team in developing the maps, frameworks and metrics needed to implement operational excellence and a structured view of MPF’s operations.
- Work in partnership with other MPF Banks, the MPF Governing Council, and various governance related subcommittees to better understand business needs of PFIs and the MPF Banks to improve the overall service provided by the MPF Program.
- Meet with members/PFIs as opportunities present themselves to better understand their needs and how to better support them.
- Work in partnership with business units to explore and identify potential technologies that could help MPF operate more effectively
- Share lessons learned and best practices from other organizations. Learn and bring in process design skills from other organizations
- Participate in Bank activities and cross-functional teams as appropriate, demonstrating via behavior and participation the values of the Bank and operational excellence
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years of work experience; preferably in a process improvement role in financial services
- Dynamic communication skills and the ability to interact effectively at all levels throughout the various functional areas of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to lead change efforts
- Team player with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks
- Strong matrix management skills
- Strong consulting skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information