Summer Internship - Down Payment Plus Program - Community Investment
Summer Internship – Community Investment
An internship with The Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago is not like your average internship. We can offer you a dynamic, collaborative and team-focused environment you won’t find anywhere else. You will be engaged in projects that will provide you with real world, hands-on experience in the exciting world of financial services. We are currently seeking a summer intern to work in our Community Investment department rotating through different groups. Successful individuals should be following an academic track in Business, Urban Planning or a related field, with an interest in affordable housing or mortgage lending.
Who are we you ask? We are a federally chartered corporation and one of 11 Federal Home Loan Banks (FHLBanks) that, with the Office of Finance, comprise the Federal Home Loan Bank System. The FHLBanks were chartered by Congress under the Federal Home Loan Bank Act of 1932 to improve the availability of funds to support home ownership. Each FHLBank is cooperatively owned by member financial institutions in its district and operated as a separate entity with its own management, employees, and board of directors. Our district consists of the states of Illinois and Wisconsin. We are regulated by the Federal Housing Finance Agency, an independent federal agency.
The Community Investment Summer Internship will involve the following:
- Reviewing grant applications or disbursement requests for compliance with DPP Program guidelines
- Becoming familiar with the DPP Programs policies, procedures and documents.
- Working with member lenders offering the DPP Program to their customers.
- Applicants should be enrolled in a undergraduate program at an accredited institution
- Should have a GPA of at least 3.0 and be in good academic standing. Transcripts will be requested
- Desired fields of study include Business or Urban Planning, or related field
- Internships will start May/June 2020. The start/end date may be flexible based on school schedule.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, including Outlook, Excel and Word