External Communications Manager
Join the FHLBC team!
At the Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago, employees come first. That’s why we offer a highly competitive compensation and bonus package, and access to a comprehensive benefits program designed to meet the needs of our employees.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement program (401k and Pension)
- Generous PTO plan
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Work from home options
- Casual dress code
External Communications Manager
The External Communications Manager implements the Bank’s external corporate communications plans targeting the Bank’s member financial institutions and other external audiences. This position is a highly visible role so a successful candidate must exhibit a high level of professionalism and be an ambassador of the Bank’s mission, vision, and corporate brand.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the communications team on the execution of the strategic goals of the communications department
- Develop and execute a comprehensive marketing communications plan for the Bank to drive member and external partner engagement
- Partner with and ensure alignment among business unit stakeholders to successfully execute the Bank’s member-facing marketing communications initiatives
- Craft content for digital, social, and traditional distribution channels
- Create innovative campaigns to promote the products, programs, and solutions the Bank offers its member financial institutions
- Support the Bank’s member events through branding, promotion, content creation, and speaker remarks
- Produce marketing communications materials, presentations, and publications
- Translate complex financial information into accessible, approachable language for external audiences
- Track and measure the effectiveness of messaging to inform future efforts and monitor progress
Required knowledge and skills:
- Demonstrated knowledge and execution of marketing communications plans
- Social media acumen
- Content management system and html email marketing program experience
- Ability to drive creative solutions and deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Capacity to develop and manage relationships with business unit stakeholders and senior leadership
- Highly organized and excellent project management skills; flexibility to manage multiple projects and external partner relationships
- Ability to see the big picture while maintaining a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent communications skills with exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Familiarity with AP Style
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Media relations experience a plus
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite a plus (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
Required experience and education:
- 5-7 years experience in communications, public relations, marketing, or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, or other Business discipline from an accredited college or university
The mission of the Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago (FHLBank Chicago) is to partner with our member shareholders in Illinois and Wisconsin to provide them competitively priced funding, a reasonable return on their investment in the Bank, and support for community investment activities.
A career with FHLBank Chicago ensures that you’ll be part of a dynamic organization that encourages employees to get involved, give back, and engage with one another in a diverse and inclusive environment. Industry-leading benefits include a business-casual dress code, a downtown Chicago location steps away from Millennium Park, tuition and gym reimbursement, generous sick and vacation time, both a 401(k) and a pension plan, and a short-term incentive plan.
To apply for this position please submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample or creative work example showcasing your corporate communications experience.