Sr. IT Compliance Analyst
Join the FHLBC team!
At the Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago, employees come first. That’s why we offer a highly competitive compensation and bonus package, and access to a comprehensive benefits program designed to meet the needs of our employees.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement program (401k and Pension)
- Generous PTO plan
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Work from home options
- Casual dress code
The Sr. IT Compliance Analyst provides a secure and protected environment for the Bank’s data and systems by evaluating IT controls, performing application assessments, identifying areas of non-compliance, and developing improvements to operational deficiencies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Executes the internal IT compliance testing program. This includes: internal IT controls and compliance reviews; and remediation testing of issues identified during regulatory inspections or internal assessments.
- Advises IT stakeholders on the effectiveness of corrective action plans in the event of non-compliance or detected vulnerabilities in their environment.
- Ensures controls and risks are documented and updated as needed.
- Proactively identifies technology risks and provides recommendations to mitigate risks.
- Independently evaluates and analyzes operational risk issues, offers recommendations for improvement, and communicates results to management and other key stakeholders.
- Assists in the administration of IT policies, standards, processes, and procedures.
- Ensures proper log monitoring, reporting and escalation of non-compliant activity.
- Performs coordination and tracking of open audit and policy exceptions.
- Contributes to various project requests from Internal/External Audit and Enterprise Risk Management to increase operational efficiency, strengthen IT environment, and help meet the Bank’s internal and external regulatory or compliance requirements.
- Assists in developing and administering ongoing IT compliance monitoring and governance activities.
- Performs ad-hoc IT compliance requests or additional duties as assigned.
- Builds and maintains positive working relationships with stakeholders, including in application owners, business partners, and management in support of IT Risk and Compliance processes.
Experience & Educational Requirements:
- 4 year college degree in information technology or equivalent experience
- 4-8 years of IT security, IT audit and compliance, or IT risk management experience.
- 8-10 years of experience necessary without a degree.
- Security certification is highly preferred (CISSP, CISA, CRISC, CGEIT, etc.)
- MS Office product (notably Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access) knowledge.
- Compliance Monitoring tool exposure (Varonis, Splunk, McAfee Database Activity Monitoring, Tripwire) preferred
- Tableau business intelligence and analytic reporting tool.
- Must have good communication (verbal, written, and listening) skills.
- Advanced knowledge of IT security controls.
- Advanced knowledge of evaluating internal controls and developing recommendations.
- Advanced knowledge of project management principles (planning, organizing, and managing assessment process).
- Must be a self-starter, with the ability to work in a fast paced environment, both independently and as part of a team.
- A high level of integrity and dependability are necessary to perform this role.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy.