Volatility Options Trader
What we do:
First Eagle is an independent, privately owned investment management firm headquartered in New York with approximately $100 billion in assets under management (as of June 30, 2022). Throughout a heritage that dates to 1864, the firm has sought to generate attractive real returns for our clients over the long term. This tradition remains central to our mission today, guided by a set of core investment tenets that sustains our culture while also allowing philosophical autonomy among our talented portfolio management teams. First Eagle’s range of actively managed equity and equity-oriented, public, and private credit, multi-asset and alternative strategies reflect our dedication to disciplined and unconventional thinking, a global perspective, and the long-term alignment of interests.
What drives us:
At First Eagle, clients come first, always. To deliver on this commitment, we nurture an environment that attracts, develops, and retains a talented, inclusive workforce. We also aim to inspire each of our employees to do their life’s best work with us and for our clients. We have built a culture that promotes equity, diversity, and respect, and holds every member of the organization to the highest standards of integrity and accountability.
Who we are looking for:
First Eagle is seeking a New York-based Volatility Options Trader to manage and develop trading strategies for our Global Value and Income Builder strategies. They will partner closely with Portfolio Managers and Head of Trading to handle order flow across all regions for the derivatives asset class.
What you will do:
- Be the primary trader for options trading across the various strategies
- Responsible for order generation, execution, and stock settlement for this asset class
- Source and compile all research and earnings news for portfolio management team daily
The qualities you should have:
- Undergraduate degree required with a concentration in Finance, Economics, or related field; MBA or CFA is a plus
- Series 7 and 63 required
- 8+ years of buy-side trading experience
- Experience trading equity options and implementation of options strategies on a portfolio to generate income
- Experience trading spot and forward currencies
- Experience trading short-term/commercial paper instruments for cash management
- Working knowledge of Charles River and other order management systems
- Working knowledge of ECN networks and other liquidity tools
- Excellent interpersonal skills and capable of working in a team environment while handling multiple tasks efficiently and responsibly
First Eagle requires employees to be fully vaccinated to work in the office unless an exemption is approved as a reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable law.
First Eagle Investment Management, LLC (FEIM) is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at FEIM, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religious belief, including dress and grooming practices, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, breastfeeding or medical conditions related to breastfeeding, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), or any other protected characteristic as established by law.