Technology Support Analyst
First Eagle Investment Management is an independent, privately-owned investment management firm headquartered in New York with approximately $109 billion* in assets under management. Dedicated to providing prudent stewardship of client assets, the firm focuses on active, fundamental and benchmark-agnostic investing, with a strong emphasis on downside protection. Over a long history dating back to 1864, First Eagle has helped its clients avoid permanent impairment of capital and earn attractive returns through widely varied economic cycles—a tradition that is central to its mission today. The firm’s investment capabilities include equity, fixed income, alternative credit, and multi-asset strategies.
*As of December 31, 2020
FEIM is seeking a candidate for a Technology Support Analyst role. They will be responsible for level 1 support of end of day batch processes, including the end of day workflows of Charles River IMS (CRIMS), Advent Geneva, pricing/FX rates from external pricing sources and monitoring the batch job scheduling tool. As part of a highly visible technology team, this role requires excellent teamwork, technical and analytical skills, and communication skills to perform frontline support of mission critical end-of-day processes and reporting.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the below tasks and have the following qualifications for this role:
- Support all end-of-day/evening processes. Job hours will be approximately 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., and approximately 2 hours on assigned Saturdays (approximately 1 x per month)
- Troubleshoot any job failures and escalate as required
- Review end of day reconciliation between accounting system and OMS and escalate any position or cash breaks
- Maintain price variance report and manual pricing backup
- Document and maintain support procedures, highlighting any gap/risk factors
- Maintain daily production checklist and supporting documents for auditing purposes
- Make recommendations for process improvements to fellow team members
- 2+ years of experience in the financial services industry, preferably asset management, supporting OMS, CRM system, portfolio accounting systems, batch jobs, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment, keeping up with recent production releases and changes
- Experience with any job scheduling software or understanding of job runner programs and workflows
- Experience dealing with front office users
- Rudimentary understanding of software product development life cycle
- Ability to create simple SQL queries for troubleshooting and debugging
- Managing large data extracts in Excel for debugging purposes
- Working knowledge of any scripting language
- Understand object-oriented programming concepts and some working knowledge of any scripting or object-oriented programming language
- Ability to navigate and work in a Windows DOS/Command line environment
- Intuitive sense of honesty and highest ethical standards; all actions and decisions are consistent with corporate values
The duties and responsibilities described herein are not a comprehensive list. Additional tasks may be assigned to the employee and the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
First Eagle Investment Management, LLC (FEIM) and First Eagle Alternative Credit, LLC (FEAC) is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at FEIM/FEAC, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religious belief (including dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, breastfeeding or medical conditions related to breastfeeding, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.