First Eagle Investment Management is an independent, privately-owned investment management firm headquartered in New York with approximately $101 billion* in assets under management. Dedicated to providing prudent stewardship of client assets, the firm focuses on active, fundamental and benchmark-agnostic investing, with a strong emphasis on downside protection. Over a long history dating back to 1864, First Eagle has helped its clients avoid permanent impairment of capital and earn attractive returns through widely varied economic cycles—a tradition that is central to its mission today. The firm’s investment capabilities include equity, fixed income, alternative credit, and multi-asset strategies.
*As of December 31, 2019
First Eagle is seeking a candidate for a Systems Developer position. The developer will be part of a seven-person software development team under the Applications and Systems Development Technology Team. Primary responsibilities include full software development life cycle, data base administration, and production support. This role requires strong SQL & C#/.NET development skills. As part of a highly visible technology team, this role requires excellent team work, technical and analytical skills to deliver business deliverables and the opportunity to work on various other highly visible projects.
- Custom development of interfaces between core applications and custom data feeds in various formats
- Knowledge of SQL server, custom SQL reporting, inclusive of design, development, Q&A and rollout to production
- Production support of any job scheduler alerts, trouble shooting of existing production processes
- Intranet website application development for back office utilization
- Ad-hoc custom development for non-core applications utilized throughout the firm
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or equivalent field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Object Oriented Programming in C#/.NET
- Strong development in SQL and SQL database administration (MS SQL Server 2014 and later versions)
- Knowledge of scripting languages (perl, bash), ability to work with Windows commands and experience with enterprise level job scheduler such as JAMS, Autosys are desirable
- Experience with data warehouse project, dataset with 10M+ rows & business intelligence tool is desirable
- Prior experience with OMS (order management system) and accounting system is desirable
- SharePoint \ Workflow App. design and (or) development, exposure to Salesforce\cloud computing environment is beneficial
- Securities industry knowledge (different asset type of securities, understanding of a trade life cycle) is helpful
- Self-starting, hands on, and resourceful problem solver – someone who “makes it happen”
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and tight deadline
- A collegial and collaborative team player capable of partnering both internally and externally
- Strong sense of personal accountability and a work ethic to do what it takes to get the job done
- Superior organizational and project management skills; ability to handle a diverse workload
- Excellent communication skill
- Meticulous and great attention to detail and accuracy
- Unquestionable integrity and ethical character
The duties and responsibilities described herein are not a comprehensive list. Additional tasks may be assigned to the employee and the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
First Eagle Investment Management, LLC (FEIM) is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at FEIM, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religious belief, including dress and grooming practices, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, breastfeeding or medical conditions related to breastfeeding, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), or any other protected characteristic as established by law.