Junior Loan Trader
What we do:
First Eagle Alternative Credit (FEAC) is a leading manager of Direct Lending and Tradable Credit investment products, with $20 billion of assets under management as of September 30, 2021. It offers a full range of public and private investment vehicles, including collateralized loan obligations (“CLOs”), separately managed accounts and comingled funds. FEAC is the alternative capital platform of First Eagle Investment Management (FEIM), an independent, privately owned investment management firm headquartered in New York City with $109 billion of assets under management as of September 30, 2021. With a heritage dating back to 1864, First Eagle has helped its clients avoid permanent impairment of capital and earn attractive returns through widely varied economic cycles—a tradition that is central to its mission today. The firm’s investment capabilities include equity, fixed income, alternative credit and multi-asset strategies.
What drives us:
At First Eagle, clients come first, always. To deliver on this commitment, it is incumbent upon us to nurture an environment that both attracts, develops and retains a talented, inclusive workforce, and inspires each of our employees to do their life’s best work on behalf of our clients. Inherent in this dynamic is a culture that promotes equality, diversity and respect and holds every member of the organization to the highest standards of integrity and accountability.
Who we are looking for:
First Eagle is seeking a Junior Loan Trader for its Chicago Office. The Loan Trader will be responsible for assisting the team with executing on all loan trading activity including cultivating and maintaining sell-side relationships and driving business growth.
What you will do:
- Cultivate and maintain relationships between the sell-side and the FEAC investment team to facilitate and execute secondary activity
- Collaborate with the portfolio manager and analysts to generate actionable investment ideas and provide timely, market related information to the investment team on an ongoing basis
- Work closely with operations to ensure timely settlement of trades, communication regarding amendments, monitor cash balances, and confirm the accuracy of information in our internal systems
- Leverage internal systems to provide internal trading data/analysis for marketing or other purposes
What qualities you will have:
- Undergraduate degree required
- 1-3 years of experience in Financial Services
- 1+ years of loan trading experience preferred
- Formal credit training at a recognized institution is preferred
- CFA preferred
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and solution orientated
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and professionally in a team environment
- Objective, transparent, and forthcoming
First Eagle Investment Management, LLC (FEIM) and First Eagle Alternative Credit, LLC (FEAC) is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at FEIM/FEAC, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religious belief (including dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, breastfeeding or medical conditions related to breastfeeding, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.