Cloud Solutions Architect
What we do:
First Eagle is an independent, privately owned investment management firm headquartered in New York with approximately $110 billion in assets under management (as of 12/31/21). Throughout a heritage that dates to 1864, the firm has sought to generate attractive real returns for our clients over the long term. This tradition remains central to our mission today, guided by a set of core investment tenets that sustains our culture while also allowing philosophical autonomy among our talented portfolio management teams. First Eagle’s range of actively managed equity and equity-oriented, public and private credit, multi-asset and alternative strategies reflect our dedication to disciplined and unconventional thinking, a global perspective and the long-term alignment of interests.
What drives us:
At First Eagle, clients come first, always. To deliver on this commitment, we nurture an environment that attracts, develops and retains a talented, inclusive workforce. We also aim to inspire each of our employees to do their life’s best work with us and for our clients. We have built a culture that promotes equity, diversity and respect, and holds every member of the organization to the highest standards of integrity and accountability. If this sounds right for you,
please take a look at our open roles today.
Who we are looking for:
We are seeking an experienced Cloud Solutions Architect to join our growing team. Among other responsibilities, Cloud Architects are responsible for the installation, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance of cloud-based technologies, such as Microsoft/Office365 (including Teams, SharePoint, Intune, and Azure) and Amazon AWS. The position will play a strategic role in migrating to and maintaining cloud systems including front-end platforms, servers, storage, and management networks.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of cloud computing and technology systems, as well as experience in designing and transferring applications to the cloud. You should have a positive attitude and excellent communication skills to effectively share your knowledge.
What you will do:
- Act as a specialist in cloud implementations, questions, and requirements
- Identify the top cloud architecture solutions to successfully meet the strategic needs of the company
- Design the migration of existing systems to the cloud, as well as implement new solutions
- Work closely with IT security to monitor the company's cloud privacy
- Troubleshoot and work proactively on incidents in a timely manner
- Perform application deployments and configuration changes to support new software releases
- Take part in projects, and independently or in a group carry out parts of large implementations
- Automate tasks and perform continuous service improvement
- Plan and develop automated non-functional test cases, such as failover, performance, and capacity tests to ensure reliability of services
- Participate in on-call rotations for both cloud and on-premises infrastructure issues
The background you should have:
- Extensive experience with Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Experience in the implementation and support of Microsoft/Office365 environments
- Experience configuring and implementing Intune advanced security features
- Experience with migration of email from Microsoft Exchange to an Exchange Server Hybrid deployment
- Experience with migration of data from legacy systems to Microsoft/Office365 SharePoint and OneDrive
- Experience with Windows domains, Active Directory, and Group Policy, and their setup and configuration
- Server and SAN storage hardware experience a plus
- Microsoft SQL Server experience a plus
- Experience with PowerShell scripting a plus
- Experience with security/compliance reporting a plus
The qualities you should have:
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience in Data Center, Trading, Computer, or Network Operations
- 3+ years of experience designing, executing, and supporting IT cloud solutions
- Financial industry experience a plus.
- AWS Solutions Architect and Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect certifications a plus
- Proficiency in cloud operations, security, networking architectures, orchestration, and automation
- Scripting/programming (Python, Perl, PowerShell, etc.)
- Experience working with highly performant, highly scalable, and fault-tolerant applications a plus
- Familiarity with logging and monitoring solutions such as Splunk
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of financial markets and trading concepts a plus
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to organize and fulfill tasks within given timelines
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to take a leadership role in installations and provide guidance to other engineers
- Ability to perform in-house training for other colleagues
First Eagle requires employees to be fully vaccinated to work in the office unless an exemption is approved as a reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable law.
First Eagle Investment Management, LLC (FEIM) is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at FEIM, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religious belief, including dress and grooming practices, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, breastfeeding or medical conditions related to breastfeeding, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), or any other protected characteristic as established by law.