First Eagle Investment Management is an independent, privately-owned investment management firm headquartered in New York with approximately $101 billion* in assets under management. Dedicated to providing prudent stewardship of client assets, the firm focuses on active, fundamental and benchmark-agnostic investing, with a strong emphasis on downside protection. Over a long history dating back to 1864, First Eagle has helped its clients avoid permanent impairment of capital and earn attractive returns through widely varied economic cycles—a tradition that is central to its mission today. The firm’s investment capabilities include equity, fixed income, alternative credit, and multi-asset strategies.
*As of December 31, 2019
The Global Value Management team are “long only” investors that manage mutual funds, separate accounts and off-shore funds. The Global Value strategy seeks to deliver attractive real returns while preserving our investors’ capital over time by using a value approach to invest in global markets. The investment team follows a bottom-up, fundamental approach focusing on companies with quality businesses that they believe have above-average sustainable profitability while trading at a significant discount to their intrinsic values. We are looking for a Research Analyst to join the Global Value Team.
- Source, develop and present investment recommendations supported by a comprehensive and thoughtful research process;
- Perform financial analysis and modeling;
- Analyze and understand business models through document driven analysis;
- Recast financial statements to focus on true economic earnings, margin of safety and intrinsic value;
- Monitor performance of certain current holdings in the Global Value funds in addition to assigned industries;
- Attend investment meetings with senior management;
- Represent First Eagle at investment presentations, conferences and discussions.
- Degree qualified with at least 3-7 years of experience as a research analyst on the buy-side, or other relevant experience in investment banking, private equity etc.;
- Investment style consistent with First Eagle’s approach, including long-term investment horizon, absolute return focus and aversion to permanent capital loss;
- Superb analytical ability.
- Solid accounting capabilities and passion for digging through the documents;
- Solid modeling skills and a firm grasp of a variety of valuation methods;
- A true value investor mindset;
- High level of intellectual honesty, humility and critical thinking capabilities - need to like taking a deep dive;
- Contrarian mindset, willing to go beyond what management tells them and dig deeper;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively organize tasks, manage time, set priorities and deadlines.
- A collegial and collaborative team player who is capable of partnering with a wide range of investors, including all of the Global Value team’s equity-oriented sector analysts and portfolio managers;
- Excellent communication skills, with demonstrable capacity to articulate investment insights to colleagues and clients alike;
- Unquestionable integrity and ethical character;
- Long-term orientation and track record of perseverance;
- Humility, patience, and a low ego are highly valued in our culture
- Self-starting, entrepreneurial and resourceful – someone who “makes it happen."
The duties and responsibilities described herein are not a comprehensive list. Additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time and the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
First Eagle Investment Management, LLC (FEIM) is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at FEIM, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religious belief, including dress and grooming practices, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, breastfeeding or medical conditions related to breastfeeding, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), or any other protected characteristic as established by law.