Head of Public Relations
What we do:
First Eagle is an independent, privately owned investment management firm headquartered in New York with approximately $100 billion in assets under management (as of June 30, 2022). Throughout a heritage that dates to 1864, the firm has sought to generate attractive real returns for our clients over the long term. This tradition remains central to our mission today, guided by a set of core investment tenets that sustains our culture while also allowing philosophical autonomy among our talented portfolio management teams. First Eagle’s range of actively managed equity and equity-oriented, public, and private credit, multi-asset and alternative strategies reflect our dedication to disciplined and unconventional thinking, a global perspective, and the long-term alignment of interests.
What drives us:
At First Eagle, clients come first, always. To deliver on this commitment, it is incumbent upon us to nurture an environment that both attracts, develops and retains a talented, inclusive workforce, and inspires each of our employees to do their life’s best work on behalf of our clients. Inherent in this dynamic is a culture that promotes equality, diversity and respect and holds every member of the organization to the highest standards of integrity and accountability.
Who we are looking for:
First Eagle is seeking a Head of Public Relations to join the New York team. Reporting to the Head of Marketing, this individual is responsible for the development and execution of First Eagle’s public relations strategy globally. With the goal of enhancing First Eagle’s image and increasing public profile, the incumbent works closely with the firm’s executives, investment teams and other key personnel, as well as with external agency partners to generate positive media opportunities that position the firm as a preeminent investment management company in the industry. This is an individual contributor role and requires a candidate that is as experienced and knowledgeable in developing strategy, as they are equipped to handle day-to-day execution.
What you will do:
- Work closely with investment teams to execute robust trade media strategy focused on positioning First Eagle as an investment thought leader.
- Identify trade media interview opportunities, conduct prep calls with portfolio managers, handle necessary compliance approvals for reprints and coordinate promotions with marketing team.
- Organize regular training opportunities for key investment professionals and other key spokespeople within the firm.
- Develop strong relationships with key trade media outlets and conduct periodic trade media events designed to increase exposure and coverage of the firm’s investment thought leadership and other corporate news.
- Manage PR agency partnerships and periodically review and evaluate their effectiveness.
- Partner with the Head of Marketing and Head of Strategic Communications to develop and deliver external messaging relating to corporate events including: 1) investment team changes, 2) M&A, and 3) crisis communications.
- Develop and execute media outreach strategy focused on corporate initiatives including but not limited to Diversity and Inclusion, Social Responsibility and Financial Literacy.
- Work closely with select executives to establish and promote their public profile. This includes the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Administrative Officer, and others as identified.
- Handle all media outreach and respond to inbound media inquiries relating to all aspects of the business.
Your first six-month objectives:
- Consolidate internal media/PR efforts by acting as a single public relations point of contact for the entire firm representing all functional areas and investment teams (Global Value, Small Cap and Alternative Credit).
- Review the firm’s current external public relations agency partners and make recommendations as necessary to ensure the firm has the right support model in place.
- Identify overseas agency partner and develop public relations strategy for First Eagle’s business in Europe and Asia.
- Enhance frequency of trade media interviews across a broader set of investment professionals.
- Organize and conduct two separate media events, one focused on the Global Value team and the other on the Alternative Credit Team.
- Develop public relations strategy to promote financial literacy programs sponsored by the firm; review similar needs focused on diversity and inclusion, and social responsibility.
The qualities you should have:
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, communications or related field; graduate degree preferred.
- 12+ years of public relations experience within asset management industry.
- Robust list of established journalist contacts within key trade and other industry publications.
- Demonstrated experience in developing public relations strategy and programs as well as the day-to-day execution of those.
- High degree of comfort in working within all levels of the organization.
- A self-starter attitude with keen interest and ability to work closely with others while embracing a team culture.
- Strong command of investment topics and ability and interest to be a student of the firm’s investment philosophy.
First Eagle requires employees to be fully vaccinated to work in the office unless an exemption is approved as a reasonable accommodation in accordance with applicable law.
First Eagle Investment Management, LLC (FEIM) is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at FEIM, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religious belief, including dress and grooming practices, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, breastfeeding or medical conditions related to breastfeeding, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), or any other protected characteristic as established by law.